Skip to main content
Topic: Towing Advice (Read 400 times) previous topic - next topic

Towing Advice

Yahoo Message Number: 7184
I have never towed a car behind my Seneca GS. I have a 2012 Ford Flex with Ecoboost engine on order. I want to set the two up for towing. The tow plates and bars seems fairly straightforward but any advice would be appreciated. What is more confusing is the supplemental braking systems.

Any advice? Whatever I buy will be professionaly installed so that is not a factor. I want the most reliable and easiest to connect and use. I do not think I want the type with a box unit on toad's floor. That seems like it would be a pain hauling it back and forth and setting it up.

I was thinking about the M&G engineering tow brake. Anyone have it?

Is there anything else I should consider?

Re: Towing Advice

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7185
, "seattleike"  wrote:
I have never towed a car behind my Seneca GS. I have a 2012 Ford Flex with Ecoboost engine on order. I want to set the two up for towing. The tow plates and bars seems fairly straightforward but any advice would be appreciated. What is more confusing is the supplemental braking systems.

Any advice? Whatever I buy will be professionaly installed so that is not a factor. I want the most reliable and easiest to connect and use. I do not think I want the type with a box unit on toad's floor. That seems like it would be a pain hauling it back and forth and setting it up.

I was thinking about the M&G engineering tow brake. Anyone have it?

Is there anything else I should consider?

I too have a Seneca 35GS. I also did not want a 'box brake' so I opted for the SMI Duo "Sta-n-Play". It has proven to be a good system after some adjustment lessons. I merely flip a switch inside the cab and make a electrical connection under the hood. It has worked well for me and it was professionaly installed.
I have a Blue Ox tow bar, and base plate. It too has been trouble free.

Re: Towing Advice

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7188

I have the USGear unified tow brake on 2 toads(CRV, Suburban) and am happy with its performance.

Roger