Skip to main content
Topic: Truck Battery Question Jayco Seneca (Read 406 times) previous topic - next topic

Truck Battery Question Jayco Seneca

Yahoo Message Number: 10043
On our last trip we ran into a low voltage problem when we tried to lower the jacks. When the low voltage light comes on the jacks will not work. We have had our coach for 2 years and haven't had any problem with the jacks prior to now. Also the automatic steps was acting erratic. Sometimes it would open and sometimes it wouldn't. Other times when it did open it wouldn't close. Looked in the manuals and it said to check the batteries. We have never had any problem starting the engine but after finding no other reason for the steps to not work (we were stuck at a dump station with the steps out) we looked in the battery compartment. The batteries cables were very corroded and one cable had even broken off. So we knew we had failed proper battery maintenance. To make a long story short, we have fixed everything on the coach side but have not figured out how to get to the truck batteries except to take the side steps completely off. It doesn't seem reasonable to have to do that so I am asking if anyone else has had to access their truck batteries, how did they do it. 2009 Jayco Seneca 35GS HD. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Re: Truck Battery Question Jayco Seneca

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10044
The steps will pull out after removing 2 bolts on side of steps. Here is a couple of drawings showing where bolts are.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/GS%202004%20Endura%206340/batterybox1.gif
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/GS%202004%20Endura%206340/batterybox.gif
If I remember correctly it takes a 17mm wrench/socket.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10045
Ron wrote:

If I remember correctly it takes a 17mm wrench/socket.

That sounds right. I got a ratcheting box wrench to make it easier to
get in to it.

Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10050
Attachments :
    Chassis battery compartment
    Craig's photo showing the bolt location. (Tray out)

Tightening the bolt
    Kevin's photo of loosening the bolt

Like Greg - I found the ratchet socket wrench and a comfortable chunk of carpet to be the best way to work on these bolts.

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 10054
    Kevin is correct. That's where the engine start batteries are located. I replaced both of my batteries at 6 years. I was so happy with the OEM Delco I replaced with the identical Delco battery. It was a Group#13 Delco *110. Cost for 2 batteries was $153.06 thru a mechanic friend. Very satisfied......................russ