Skip to main content
Topic: new to me 2007 Gulfstream Endura (Read 621 times) previous topic - next topic

new to me 2007 Gulfstream Endura

Yahoo Message Number: 12284
We have recently purchased a 2007 Endura with duramax diesel power. It will be used for weekend trips with the family and occasional work trips towing a cargo trailer. Did not receive any instruction on the coach nor any history but it seems to be well kept and everything is working at this time other than a bad GFI above sink. Few things I have questions on and hope to get some real world answers.
1. It does need tires and have been getting sticker shock on 14 ply tires. I have quotes from $1400 mounted balanced for 14 ply sail-uns to $2800 mounted balanced Michelin...it has Michelin currently but has 2" of cracking around rim
2. I own a 2013 GMC duramax HD pick up that requires DEF fluid and has a ton of emissions equipment does this also have the same equipment? I could not locate a DEF tank
3. Has anyone done a full delete and running 4" exhaust turbo back or cat back exhaust to help it breathe? it seems a little stuffy
4. Has anyone used an edge or banks display for monitoring trans and exhaust temps?
5. What is a good tire monitoring system these days?...I have been out of this for about 5 years so I'm hoping technology has improved greatly
6. It had a 3" rubber seal about 6 feet long laying in the cabin from one of the slides...but I can not tell where it came from, any ideas? I do not see daylight around any of them
7. I found and sealed numerous leaks around marker lights but did not find any other wet areas, do these have common leaks that can be addressed?
8. Any affordable extended service contracts available for drive train and coach?
9. It has the original shocks that are well beyond service life, any thoughts on shock upgrades other than air bags? I looked at another endura that had a ton of extra springs supports and track bars on it both front and rear, but did not seem to drive any different than this stock version
10. This one does not have a rear camera, any good Bluetooth camera or is hard wire the way to go?

I will stop at 10 questions as not to wear out my welcome....thanks in advance
Jim

Re: new to me 2007 Gulfstream Endura

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12286
You should be able to get a build sheet and history from any GM dealer. Please post you Endura model.
1. I would not get a RV tire. To many problems. FMCA has Michelin discounts. .I have Goodyear G647 tires on the front, I changed from 225 tires to 245 and F to G rated. Has not made a difference in handling or ride. Check out EBAY for tires. Makes sure what you buy has a current manufacture date.
2. If your chassis is 2007 it may have a DPF. This cuases a regen every 500 miles or more.
3. Dane Goodwin had his DPF removed and programed.
4. There have been some problems with the EDGE programmer. PPE is the preferred canned programmer. I have a Predator. But my engine is different than a 2007. My choice would be a EFI live tune with a Scan Gauge II. Plus separate EGT and Trans gauges.
5. TST.
6. Sound like one of the end seals from the slide/s.
7.I have not found any leaks yet. But the place where roof meets side wall did not look good. I resealed mine with Proflex.
8. Kind of hard to find a affordable warranty after the sale. Especially on a 6 year old RV.
9. I put Bilsteins on mine.
10. Surprised you do not have a rear camera. Mine is mounted on the sun visor. I put a prism rear view in rear window and added a rear view mirror to the front windshield. Use that more than the camera.
You may want to join the Diesel Place Forum for engine upgrades. They have a Medium Duty Forum.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12287
Welcome to the sight; I have only been here a year myself and have received a lot of help.  I replaced my Michelin tires with Continental.  I saved about 100 dollars per tire and was able to increase the load rating.  I have approximately 1,500 miles on them with no complaints.

Doug
2005 Gulfstream Endura
Duramax

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12288
I replaced all six of mine this year and stayed with the Goodyear 670's
since the first set worked so well. I think my out-the-door price with
mounting, taxes, etc was right at $2800

Greg