Skip to main content
Topic: tire inflation hoses & TST TPMS in tire sensors (Read 402 times) previous topic - next topic

tire inflation hoses & TST TPMS in tire sensors

Yahoo Message Number: 12677
Here is the situation with my 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS.
In the past I had installed the TST TPMS 507 series flow through sensors on my rear tires.
TPMS= Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor, the fronts were fit with the in-tire sensor as the "507" would not screw onto the valve stem.
SO when I purchased new tires all around, I had contacted TST and swapped out my valve stem 507 sensors for in-tire units. I shall note the Seneca has Alcoa aluminum wheels on the front and outside rear dual wheels.
The reason to change was the temperature reading is not accurate with the outside of the tire type sensor.
TST sent adapter pieces for the steel rims as the sensor must go down into the center area of the rim, sort of a odd setup. when I got the moho back on the way to my storage unit I had the readout on and had some low tires, drat.
Part of my predicament is the remote inflation hoses, I do not know if they are a "factory installed " item or an after-market thing. they are somewhat different than the ones at Camping World. Also the valve stems on the outside dual is integral to the sensor piece and needs to be oriented correctly for the either the remote hose or to be used without the hose.
TST is sending some more stems and adapter pieces but would like to get an actual replacement set of the inflation hoses.
So does anyone have any knowledge of these specific hoses?
I may possibly just go back to the outside 507 sensors but may still need to replace the hoses.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks, Kev