Skip to main content
Topic: Slide issues (Read 707 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide issues

Yahoo Message Number: 16026
Ok, I have the 2009 Jayco Seneca HD 36MS with the full wall slide. We have always had trouble with the full wide slide deprogramming and I've had to reprogram the slide stops many times. Brought the unit out today to load up and low and behold, the error lights are flashing again. Went to reprogram and the front motor on the full wall slide would not move. Board gives the error of broken wire or bad fuse. I checked everything and no broken wires or bad fuses. I pulled out the emergency electric switch and plugged it into the control box and the slide motors. Both motors on the full wall slide word and moved the slide out an in no problem.

Any ideas? Bad board? Obviously the wires aren't broken or the motor wouldn't work. I've checked everything I can and found no more issues.

Guess I'll be using the emergency switch to operate the slide on this trip.

Ted Marriner
Virginia Beach, VA

Re: Slide issues

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16027
Bad boards indeed.
I had a 36 ms as well, not anymore though.
But yes original boards are bad replaced both due to this problem they are extremely sensitive to changes on power, that is why only operate slides with engine running, also had a problem with the board itself. Too bad is out of warranty for you, but they are very easy to swap if you can get the new ones.

That big slide was nice but also the biggest headache the slide topper was another nightmare.

Good luck
Mo

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16028
Actually, after I called the slide topper company, they told me to rip out the metal frame work holding the topper up and that solved all my problems I was having. The metal frame work caused the water to pond on the topper. That issue was solved last year. Oh well, hopefully we can get the boards.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16555
This afternoon began cleaning up our '07 3632 and had an unusual and different experience. I let down the jacks and made sure it was level before extending the driver side slide. The batteries were probably low but the slide moved out properly, about 1/2 the total length. Later after finishing, I started the engine and began retracting the slide. I noticed it looked funny like the front of the slide was retracting more than the back end of the slide. I stopped and examined to find that the rear was almost touching the wall. I reversed the movement taking the slide back out and it readily straightened. I began attempting to retract and it continued moving the front of the slide more that the rear. I wondered if it was just stuck. I got a hold of the counter top by putting my hand between the wall and the counter top and pulled. To my surprise the rear of the slide moved into its proper position. I pressed the retract button again to only watch the slide move in the front and not the rear. It took me at least 3 attempts to pull the rear of the slide before I could get the slide closed. I was surprised that I was able to move the slide. I believe this slide has 2 motors but as my time was short I have not had an opportunity to check them out. But is is surprising the motors move the slide extending the slide but will not do so in retracting.
Just wonder if anyone has experienced the situation.
Thanks,
Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16556
Could not find the model you have listed. Could it be 6362. If slide is electric. It may have a pin sheared on end that will no move properly. Check the motors and gears. My slides were hydraulic so I cannot help with this repair.
Best
Ron Hall.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16557
Sorry, yes it is a 6362 with electric slide outs. I will check the pins tomorrow but sounds like it might be the cause. Thanks