Skip to main content
Topic: Maine (Read 476 times) previous topic - next topic

Maine

Yahoo Message Number: 15303
Okay, senility has set in and I can't remember which one of you long term members has reported from Maine each year. I know you've caught a lot of fish and lobster though :-)

Anyway, we'll be in Plattsburgh, NY next month and on the way back to NC we're thinking of running over to ME. Obviously we want what every tourist wants - ocean view, nearby seafood, perfect weather, full hookups (negotiable), but SWMBO sure does want near the water :-)

Suggestions? We'll leave NY on or about July 21 and head that way.

Take care,
Greg

Take care,
Greg

Re: Maine

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15304
Both Dane Goodwin and Russ Hill have done this trip.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15318
We did Maine last summer (56 days) and had a great time.  Not all of our time was spent anywhere near water, but a few of the places we were on the water was: Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA – there is a guy in the CG that goes fishing in the morning catching his lobster, comes back and cooks them at the CG in the afternoon and evening.  In Lubec, ME we stayed at Sunset Point RV park. Small but we had full hookups. The guy that runs the park had all the pots and burners to boil lobster and let you use them free, and he provided the propane. Be sure to have your passports so you can take in Campobello Island.  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 11:08 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] Maine    Okay, senility has set in and I can't remember which one of you long term members has reported from Maine each year. I know you've caught a lot of fish and lobster though :-)Anyway, we'll be in Plattsburgh, NY next month and on the way back to NC we're thinking of running over to ME. Obviously we want what every tourist wants - ocean view, nearby seafood, perfect weather, full hookups (negotiable), but SWMBO sure does want near the water :-)Suggestions? We'll leave NY on or about July 21 and head that way.Take care,Greg
Take care,Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15319
'Billy Piner'  [SuperCrvgroup] wrote:

We did Maine last summer (56 days) and had a great time.

Hey, thanks for that info Billy! Those are two of the sites I had looked
at online last week so it's good to know someone has been there. We
don't have passports, so Campobello Island is out. We keep
procrastinating on getting them and now I don't have time.

This will probably be a short visit to Maine on the way home from
Plattsburgh, NY visiting my sister. We hope to do a longer visit
eventually, but this is probably the last hoorah for a couple years.

I'll put the motorhome up for sale this fall. It looks like open heart
surgery this winter sometime and they're telling me 12-18 months
recovery. I hate for the coach to just sit that long without having its
usual maintenance and care, so....I guess I'll see if I can sell it. I
may regret it down the road, but...

Hey, have you looked at google earth for Cedar Pt Campground? I was
checking it out a couple weeks ago before we went and noticed they did a
drive thru the park so when you go to ground view, you can see all the
sites. You're sitting on site #31 in the shot!

Thanks for the info,
Greg

Not all of

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15320
Hope the surgery, and recovery, go much better than expected. Also, good
luck with selling the MH, I know some that sell quickly, but others...

That's us in the shot on Google Earth, but it's before Jan 2008 when we sold
the Camary. However, the overhead shot is of the CG's new configuration.
Funny how they can mix shots from so many year apart.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15321
Sorry to here about your need for surgery. 12-18 month recovery is a long time. I had Hernia surgery 2 weeks ago. Having 6 weeks of recovery is bugging me. Best of luck and wishes with the surgery and recovery.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15322
Thanks Ron, I expect it will be okay and no definite date for the surgery yet, but it's coming. I'm trying to get things in order beforehand though so I don't have to worry with other stuff afterwards....except maybe shopping for the next camper. I have an ascending aortic aneurysm and we're in the wait mode to see when it hits operable status.

I'm not looking forward to selling the Kodiak when we get back from NY though, it's been such a good coach, but I can't see letting it sit that long.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15323
Need to make a decision in next couple of years. Making the trip south and back get harder every year. That last trip gets closer every year. We will probably just stay home in the cold and sell the MH. Good memories and lots of problem free trips.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 15324
I can appreciate that, I'm used to doing a hand wax a couple times a year and that's getting to be a lot more of a job than Kathy and I can do. I hate to sell after putting tires on a while back along with shocks, but that will help the next guy. We've never kept an RV this long (mines a 2007), but every time we went to look at trading up or down, we decided we liked this one too much to make a change. I have no regrets over keeping it for nine years. The next job will be determining a good selling price. I don't want to give it away and don't want to be greedy either. I'll have to do some research and then take a lot of photos. I told Kathy that I should get to sit on the uncovered sofa and dinette at least once before we sell :-) She's a little particular about the interior, but I won't complain that it looks like new.

Take care,
Greg