Skip to main content
Topic: water logged front cap (Read 398 times) previous topic - next topic

water logged front cap

Yahoo Message Number: 1948

I noticed some discoloration along the vinyl rim on the underside of the front cap on my Four Winds Dutchmen a few days ago, so yesterday I removed the vinyl trim and screws not only under the cap but also down each side where the cap attaches to the sidewalls.

Four Winds claims they had replaced the cap a few months ago because it leaked, and when I got it back stains began to appear on the headliner of the cab, so I knew it was still leaking. Anyway, when I removed the screws, water began dripping out of the screw holes on the underside of the cap. A day later, water continues to drip so I know the cap is saturated.

My word of advice is IF you own a Four Winds product, and kif you notice a rusty look along the vinyl trim ANYWHERE on your coach, I can guarantee there is moisture trying to get out of the walls, etc. Remove the vinyl trim insert, then the screws where possible, and see if there is moisture dripping from the screw holes. If there is moisture dripping, the walls ARE saturated and will eventually rot away.

Denny

AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.