Skip to main content
Topic: Charging Wizard question (Read 388 times) previous topic - next topic

Charging Wizard question

Yahoo Message Number: 9916
So I got the charging wizard device to plug into my converter.
Once I installed it and reconnected the battery ( no shore power ).
The light started flashing indicating it was charging at 13.x volts ( can't remember the exact voltage from the doc. ).

Does this sound correct ?

I would have thought it would be dark ( off ) until shore power was connected , or the generator was started.

It didn't change once I did connect shore power, just seems like this would kill the battery to charge it from itself ?

Comments would be appreciated
Thanks
Bruce

Re: Charging Wizard question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9917
Even if you do not have AC power to converter the light will display the mode charge wizard is in.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9918
This is identical to my experience when I installed a charge wizard. Doesn't make sense. Obviously it is only charging when it has an external power source - shore or generator.

It's a low draw, but it will eventually kill the battery. I disconnect the circuit breaker to the converter (as well as the master on-off switch) when not using the vehicle. Otherwise, it seems to do the job. My original batteries lasted 5+ years. I never let them go below 12.0 volts

Charles

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9919
Thank you Ron and Charles
I appreciate the reponses...
I also found a whole bunch of 'cuts' in the flexable vent that runs to the bedroom under the fridge.

very odd, but may explain why the bedroom always seems colder than the rest of the rig.

Thanks again.
Bruce