Skip to main content
Topic: Be Careful out there (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

Be Careful out there

Yahoo Message Number: 10760
Gang

Spring Break is upon us.

Sandy and I passed a wagon train headed to a Rodeo, and I shut off my exhaust break not to scare the horses.

Well two miles later some folks dead stopped on the highway to turn into a winery. I imagine it was not the first they had visited.

Now I remember why I leave the exhaust break on! Thank goodness I had left plenty of room. As some unfortunate members of the group know from having caravan-ed with me - I also have the advantage of driving SLOW!

All was well after our "Break Check". Sandy secures everything so well there was not even a rattle.

So be careful out there, a lot of drivers on the road. I expect the ones that are sober are texting! ;-)

Happy (and safe) Trails

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

P.S. Had some mighty sand/wind storms in Big Bend area. Pulled the slide outs in and hunkered down - 2 days! "Aw honey - everything is going to be fine!" Next morning we heard reports of two 18 wheelers on their sides. Glad I fixed the Jacks.

K

Re: Be Careful out there

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10770
We had some of the bad weather in the RGV earlier this week. But only lasted a few hours.
Crazy drivers are everywhere.
My mother is having some medical problems. We are headed home early to help her. Weather has been great for the whole trip. Should make it home tomorrow evening. Worst driver were around Memphis and Nashville. Bur we did not drive threw Houston, San Antonio, Austin or Dallas. So we missed all them crazy drivers.
Best
Ron Hall