Skip to main content
Topic: Bubbles (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

Bubbles

Yahoo Message Number: 5018
Has anyone got a fix for bubbles or air pockets showing up in the ceiling fabric in their MHs? I've got a few in the bathroom and bedroom area and its bugging me. Any help would be great.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Re: Bubbles

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5019
Denny . . . I haven't had the problem, but I heard of a fellow who did with a 5th wheel. He described the fix, saying that the factory used glue in a hypodermic needle and injected the "bubble" area. Then they used a square of wood and a 2x4 prop to press it tightly together until the glue set.

George (also towing a Ford Ranger-love it)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5020
That's the way to fix wall paper/vinyl as well.. You can usually get the syringe and needles at a place like Tractor Supply or anywhere they sell horse supplies.

Dave Sparke

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5021
Thanks folks.. I'll give it a try.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 5:01:06 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Bubbles

That's the way to fix wall paper/vinyl as well.. You can usually get the syringe and needles at a place like Tractor Supply or anywhere they sell horse supplies.

Dave Sparke

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5339
Dennis: Sorry for the late reply on the 'Bubbles' question but have been on a 8 week extended vacation. The highlight of the trip was attending the "KODIAK RALLY" in Elkhart.
I too have a '06 Seneca 35GS and it had bubbles in the roof fabric. I tried the needle and glue method but the ultimate fix was replacement of the fabric. Jayco replaced it under the 2 year warrenty period. It was a major job. The new material is a vinyl, similar to the new Seneca's. Good luck and keep us appraised on your repairs...russ