Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel Filter Warning light shut off procedure (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Filter Warning light shut off procedure

Yahoo Message Number: 5109
While traveling back from a weekend trip, my Fuel Filter Warning Light came on closely followed by the Reduced Engine Power warning light (Engine symbol with a downward arrow). The engine lost power so we pulled off and proceded to change the fuel filter. After I was done changing the filer, the reduced power light was off, but the fuel filer light remained on.

I then tried to use the procedure in the Owners Manual to turn the light out (Put key in "run" position, fully depress brake and accelerator to floor for 10 seconds) The manual says the light will flash 5 times and then shut off.

Mine didn't and subsequent attempts have been unsuccessful as well. Quit worrying about it and came on home. Tried the procedure again this morning and tonight, but it remains on.

Any ideas what Im doing wrong or what else I need to do to shut it off?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mike

Re: Fuel Filter Warning light shut off procedure

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5110
Without pressing the pedals, turn the ignition key to the on position without starting the engine.
Wait five seconds.
Completely press the brake and the accelerator pedals simultaneously and hold for ten seconds. The system is now reset.
Turn the ignition key off.
The next time the engine is started, the message will no longer be displayed.

Keith

Worked for mine

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, August 16, 2010 8:12:48 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Fuel Filter Warning light shut off procedure

While traveling back from a weekend trip, my Fuel Filter Warning Light came on closely followed by the Reduced Engine Power warning light (Engine symbol with a downward arrow). The engine lost power so we pulled off and proceded to change the fuel filter. After I was done changing the filer, the reduced power light was off, but the fuel filer light remained on.

I then tried to use the procedure in the Owners Manual to turn the light out (Put key in "run" position, fully depress brake and accelerator to floor for 10 seconds) The manual says the light will flash 5 times and then shut off.

Mine didn't and subsequent attempts have been unsuccessful as well. Quit worrying about it and came on home. Tried the procedure again this morning and tonight, but it remains on.

Any ideas what Im doing wrong or what else I need to do to shut it off?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mike