Skip to main content
Topic: Dynamax Motorhomes on Truck Chassis | MotorHome Magazine (Read 664 times) previous topic - next topic

Dynamax Motorhomes on Truck Chassis | MotorHome Magazine

Yahoo Message Number: 16563

Check out the front axle wet weight with NO supplies or passengers and compare with front GAWR. Why oh why do they do this?

Anyone think it is not an issue that should be considered when purchasing?

Re: Dynamax Motorhomes on Truck Chassis | MotorHome Magazine

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16564
I think when you tow a 19,000lb trailer with it (GVWR of 38,500lb) and 1900lbs of tongue weight, I sure the front axle only carries 5,000lbs or less :) That's some crazy specs.

Mike

Re: Dynamax Motorhomes on Truck Chassis | MotorHome Magazine

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16565
The 1900 tongue weight would put you over the GVWR.

I looked close at the Dynamax Series 5 and concluded it didn't work for me. After adding the tongue weight of my trailer, I'd have to drain water, move gear to the trailer or leave my wife home to get under the 19500 GVWR and that's not even considering the distribution to each axle. It was suggested to me that I needed to move up to the Force (the Force HD is a beast!) I am still considering that but saved mucho denero instead buying a 2007 Seneca 34SS Kodak HD. It has 22000 GVWR and 3500 of CCC. Downside is I'm limited to about a 6000 lb trailer because the GCWR is only 26000. Note my fully loaded rig is about 20000. That has not been a problem since my MC trailer with two full dressers is about 5000 lbs. I've been pretty happy so far . And my wife can come along too!