Skip to main content
Topic: New Member (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

Yahoo Message Number: 12789

I just joined the group and live in Reno, Nevada. I have a wife of 10 years a 9 and 7 year old daughter. We are into boating, atv's, dunes, motorycles, jet skis, waterskiing, biking, and snow skiing. We've been RVing for 15 years now. Started with a cabover camper, then a Toyhauler, and currently a Class C Toyhauler RV. We really like the Class C, but need more pulling power (and the wife wants a walk around bed), that V10 does not cut it towing our boat over the Sierras. I have wanted a Super C Duramax for years and just finished building the garage of my dreams, so I have a home for our future RV.

I'm looking for a Super C Duramax with a walk around rear bed, bed over the cab, a dinette that converts to a bed, low miles and garaged. If anyone has any leads please send them my way. My budget is $70K (willing to go higher for the perfect one and lower for higher miles and stored outside) and it sure would be easier if it was in the Western United States. I'm ready to jump on a plane for the right RV.

Thanks,
Chuck

Re: KodiakChassisClassC

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12793
Chuck,
I live in Reno as well and picked up my '08 unit locally last year for the same reasons you mention.

There are plenty of these rigs out there on craigslist, eBay and various other websites like RVT.Com

You wont have to travel more than 500 mi to find something you will like.

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/4378263723.html

Good luck, Marty

Re: New Member

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12798

Cjuck, my 3rd is officially for sale now.
Send me message victor@vburns
Com if you search Kodiak Dutchman on rvt.com you will find it.
760 672 8767
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12802
" the gas engine which I like over the Diesel."

Curious as to why you'd prefer gas over diesel? The diesel has superior power and towing advantages, I'd think.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12804
I too chose the gas over the Diesel... Diesel is 75 cents more a gal here, and fairly hard to find off the superslab, the diesel engine cost an additional ten Grand, and the one we drove, shook like a banshee. Having been a member of this group from 07 or so, and seeing how much trouble the diesel guys have had with their powerplants... I think I chose wisely.
morrigan

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12805
It certainly does have superior power and towing ability BUT depending what you want to tow there can be a problem.

When we bought our 32SS gasser in 2007 I would have liked to stay with a diesel (we were downsizing from a 41 foot pusher) but we wanted to tow our Tahoe LTZ which weighed about 5800 lbs with nothing stored in it.

The GVWR of the 32SS was 19,500 lbs and the GCWR was 26,000 lbs. That meant no problems towing the Tahoe even if we (we means DW) filled the 32SS to the doors with "stuff." We were weighed once and coach and toad together came in at under 24,000 lbs - so no problems.

The Seneca with Duramax had a GVWR of 22,000 lbs and the same GCWR of 26,000 lbs. So, if when loaded and set it go it was close to the GVWR, we'd be limited to a toad of 4,000 lbs - certainly not a Tahoe. The issue was how much could we stay below the GVWR when loading the MH - and that would mean keeping it under 20,000 lbs. We felt that was too "iffy" and went for the gasser.

What did I miss from our Cummins ISC - the exhaust brake and the torque.

Not too long before the Kodiak died (you may recall that it was reported several times that GM had a buyer but nothing ever panned out) Thor brought out a Kodiak Duramax with a GCWR of 30,000 lbs. That would have solved almost everyone's towing issues. Sure wish they'd have all gone with the 30,000 GCWR right from the start.

Don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12809
Howdy Chuck-

I have a 2008 Jayco Seneca ZX Dura Max toyhauler that we put a queen size bed in the back when camping.

Super clean 19k miles, with helwig sway bar, new bilstien shocks, new driving light package with HID lights, garage kept.

We have been looking at Newmars and others for our retirement rig.

If you are interested I will send more info.

We live in Keller, Tx, just north of Fort Worth.

Take care.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:28 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Member

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12810
Howdy Chuck-

We are considering a near full time RV and thinking of selling our 2008 Seneca ZX Toy Hauler Dura Max with 19k miles, garage kept with helwig front sway bar, new bilstien shocks, upgraded driving headlights.

We have a queen size bed in the back, works great, best of both worlds. Able to haul stuff with bed layed over to one side.

If have enclosed a pic. More info available if you like.

Take care

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:28 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Member

I just joined the group and live in Reno, Nevada. I have a wife of 10 years a 9 and 7 year old daughter. We are into boating, atv's, dunes, motorycles, jet skis, waterskiing, biking, and snow skiing. We've been RVing for 15 years now. Started with a cabover camper, then a Toyhauler, and currently a Class C Toyhauler RV. We really like the Class C, but need more pulling power (and the wife wants a walk around bed), that V10 does not cut it towing our boat over the Sierras. I have wanted a Super C Duramax for years and just finished building the garage of my dreams, so I have a home for our future RV.

I'm looking for a Super C Duramax with a walk around rear bed, bed over the cab, a dinette that converts to a bed, low miles and garaged. If anyone has any leads please send them my way. My budget is $70K (willing to go higher for the perfect one and lower for higher miles and stored outside) and it sure would be easier if it was in the Western United States. I'm ready to jump on a plane for the right RV.

Thanks,
Chuck

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12811
It seems I have been kicked out by Yahoo saying that my account is inactive. I have been a regular reader and a small feedbacker, and yet I cannot access previous topics.

I am trying to find the one which gave info on " How to turn off the radio light on the Seneca "

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. By the way I am in favor of the name change.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 12812
Found it real easy! Hope this helps:

Clock Display When the Radio is Off:
 When the ignition key is on and the radio
 is off, "clock display on" is the default setting. To change the setting
 to "clock display off", push and hold the
 VOLUME knob until "BEEP ON" is in the dis-
 play then release. Push the VOLUME
 knob until "CLK ON" is in the display.
 Rotate the VOLUME knob until "CLK OFF" is in the display. Wait a few
 seconds, the radio will return to last radio mode selected.

TJ Kennedy | Sr. Account Executive Sales | White-Rodgers
Emerson Climate Technologies | 8100 West Florissant Ave. | St. Louis, MO 63136
 T 615-904-6145
C 972-977-4112

How are we doing |White-Rodgers Feedback

Follow us | Facebook| YouTube | Twitter | WRMobile

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of r.rattan@...
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Member

It seems I have been kicked out by Yahoo saying that my account is inactive. I have been a regular reader and a small feedbacker, and yet I cannot access previous topics.

I am trying to find the one which gave info on " How to turn off the radio light on the Seneca "

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. By the way I am in favor of the name change.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 12815
if you look at the radio buttons, there will be one that says dim light. push and hold that one and the radio light will dim.

mark
2006 34SS

Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Member