Skip to main content
Topic: Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest  (Read 753 times) previous topic - next topic

Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest

Yahoo Message Number: 6554
Still working on getting the Conquest back in order after the winter.

Got the water tank filled but when I turn the pump on, I'm not getting any water out of the faucets. It's running ok - perhaps it's just dry?

I'm wondering if the pump needs to be primed. When I checked it out under the sink, I see a valved T fitting with a hose about a foot and a half long going nowhere. Perhaps this is a prime hose??

The manual is very sparse on information like this. I can see a chapter of hints and tips coming that I'll be adding to it as time goes on.

Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conqu

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6556
Is your pump under the sink?
Mine is in a back cabinet. Above the fresh water tank. Should be some water coming out of taps. Could the low point drains be open and the pump is pump water out on the ground?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6557
Ken,

check the keys on the wet bay, it may be configured for outside source or winterizing, you may need to turn the knobs to normal.

I never heard of priming water pump.
Mo

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6558
Attachments :

I think you have a single slide as I remember? Like Ron said, check your low point drains. We have 3 and I assume you do also. All should be closed. I believe the T valve you refer to is to add antifreeze during winterization. I can take a pic of mine tomorrow if needed so you can see where it should be for winterization and during use. Likely left in the position to winterize. There should also be a bypass valve for the water heater and as I remember, it's well marked. Bypass is to winterize. I've never been in a single slide so I'm not sure where your water tank is, but under the bath sounds right as the single slides have the big basement.

Post again tomorrow if you need some pics for reference. My coach is at work and I can easily send what is needed.
    Greg
    MN
    '05 6340 Gulfstream Duramax

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
    Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:48 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C

Mine is in a back cabinet. Above the fresh water tank. Should be some water coming out of taps. Could the low point drains be open and the pump is pump water out on the ground?
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6559
    it shouldn't need primeing, mine (2008) doesn't. Might need a new pump.
    Morrigan

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6560
    Water tank is under the bed.
    Morrigan

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:13:25 -0500
    Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C

I think you have a single slide as I remember? Like Ron said, check your low point drains. We have 3 and I assume you do also. All should be closed. I believe the T valve you refer to is to add antifreeze during winterization. I can take a pic of mine tomorrow if needed so you can see where it should be for winterization and during use. Likely left in the position to winterize. There should also be a bypass valve for the water heater and as I remember, it's well marked. Bypass is to winterize. I've never been in a single slide so I'm not sure where your water tank is, but under the bath sounds right as the single slides have the big basement.

Post again tomorrow if you need some pics for reference. My coach is at work and I can easily send what is needed.
    Greg
    MN
    '05 6340 Gulfstream Duramax

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
    Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:48 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6561
    Yes, it is a single slide.

I checked the 3 valves in the outside access panel and they are all closed. The valve marked Normal/Bypass is switched to Normal.

The pump is behind a false panel under the kitchen sink. It's pretty crowded under there, but the valve is on the suction side, if the manual is correct. The winterization idea for the open tube sounds like a good guess. The valve is configured with one side going to the pump, the tube on the off shooting T, and the 'passthrough' if you want to call it, connects to a white reinforced tube running rearward. I'll crawl around some more and see where that goes to. I would expect it to go the the fresh water tank (the tank is same side, and not to far rearward), but I'll make sure tomorrow when it gets light. It could be that the pump has just gone bad - I know you can have one where the motor runs but still doesn't pump.

p.s. Ron - if you do an update to the owner list you posted last year, please add me to the list.

Mo - agility? We run flyball with our little dog Tommy. Heading to a weekend tournament tomorrow or Friday if I can get this water working :-)

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 6562
    Attachments :

Good luck at your flyball tournament. We run 2 BC's in agility.

You can check out the winterizing valve/pump by sticking the tube coming out of the T into a gallon jug of water. If it sucks the water out of the jug, the pump is working and the valve is just in the wrong position.

Greg

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken
      Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:45 PM

Yes, it is a single slide.

I checked the 3 valves in the outside access panel and they are all closed. The valve marked Normal/Bypass is switched to Normal.

The pump is behind a false panel under the kitchen sink. It's pretty crowded under there, but the valve is on the suction side, if the manual is correct. The winterization idea for the open tube sounds like a good guess. The valve is configured with one side going to the pump, the tube on the off shooting T, and the 'passthrough' if you want to call it, connects to a white reinforced tube running rearward. I'll crawl around some more and see where that goes to. I would expect it to go the the fresh water tank (the tank is same side, and not to far rearward), but I'll make sure tomorrow when it gets light. It could be that the pump has just gone bad - I know you can have one where the motor runs but still doesn't pump.

p.s. Ron - if you do an update to the owner list you posted last year, please add me to the list.

Mo - agility? We run flyball with our little dog Tommy. Heading to a weekend tournament tomorrow or Friday if I can get this water working :-)

Reply #8
      Yahoo Message Number: 6563
      Ken,

We are going to Wilson NC this weekend for flyball, is there where you are going as well?
      Mo

Reply #9
      Yahoo Message Number: 6564
      How long did you let the pump run? Could it be the water heater filling
      up? Just filled my system here in Michigan and it takes a little while
      to build pressure. Hey Mo and Ken, must be something about the Kodiak
      chassis and dog show people. I have Newfs and see other Kodiaks at the
      shows. Chuck

Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output - RESOLVED :-)

Reply #10
      Yahoo Message Number: 6568
      I tried sticking the tube into a pitcher of water for about 3 minutes and when I drew it out, there was a trickle of water present from the tube end.

I then slowly poured about a quart of water into the tube while the pump was running and heard it change tone, sounding more a working pump should. Flipped the valve to the normal position, turned the faucet on and H2O ! So exciting (and cheaper than a new pump).

Thanks all for the comments/suggestions. At least now I know what to do in case it happens again.

Ken

Reply #11
      Yahoo Message Number: 6569
      Hi Mo,

Nope - the other way. Tournament in Detroit area. First one for Tommy - running U-Fli singles.

Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output - RESOLVED :-)

Reply #12
      Yahoo Message Number: 6570
      That's weird. If the system is in "country fill" mode you should just put the end of the hose in the water and it should start sucking it up, you shouldn't have to pour any water in the tube.

Either way, glad you got it fixed.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken
      Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:47 AM
      Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Water pump running - but no faucet output - RESOLVED :-)

I tried sticking the tube into a pitcher of water for about 3 minutes and when I drew it out, there was a trickle of water present from the tube end.

I then slowly poured about a quart of water into the tube while the pump was running and heard it change tone, sounding more a working pump should. Flipped the valve to the normal position, turned the faucet on and H2O ! So exciting (and cheaper than a new pump).

Thanks all for the comments/suggestions. At least now I know what to do in case it happens again.

Ken

Reply #13
      Yahoo Message Number: 6572
      Have one of the people in our BC rescue that run's up there in MI. You know Donna Venner?
      Greg

Reply #14
      Yahoo Message Number: 6574
      It is not uncommon for a water pump to need a little water to get it running the first time after being winterized. I run pink antifreeze through my pump when winterizing. This seems to help it start up when I de-winterize.
      Best
      Ron Hall

Reply #15
      Yahoo Message Number: 6576

Chuck,

I counted 11 Kodiaks once at a show in Concord NC, could not find all of them to talk to, I may next time put a note see if they all join as well.

We may "big may" at this time due to price of diesel go to MI in the summer for vac and WI in Oct for the aussie nationals, but again all "may " at this point.
      Mo

Reply #16
      Yahoo Message Number: 6577
      Ken,

cool,
      we don't do much UFli around here, although I have in the past.
      have fun,
      what team are you with?
      we are
      http://www.theblockaderunners.com/

old web site, but that is us on region 9 NAFA
      have fun, maybe in the summer we go to MI, DW is from Detroit and maybe we can hit a tournament too.

later
      Mo

ps to the group: apologies if you all have to read all these crazy dog people comments.