Skip to main content
Topic: Who is at Ocean Mesa? (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic

Who is at Ocean Mesa?

Yahoo Message Number: 7219

Someone is here in a Seneca. Ocean Mesa is fantastic, 18 miles north of Santa Barbara. Ocean views, great spots, super clean etc. It should be for $80/night!

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H

Re: Who is at Ocean Mesa?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7220
OK. Here is the secret. We had to have a few extended stays due to my Mom's health problems. (She lives in Santa Barbara)

Pop over the mountains, into the first valley over. Use 154 (San Marcos Canyon) or come down south from Salvang (very nice). After you pass the cold spring tavern (or better yet stop - great food - look for Paradise Road off to your left. Follow this road to the park. Empty during the week, but fills up during the weekend. You can stay 14 days. Very inexpensive as I recall. After a couple weeks, you can move to the next camp, further down the road. Then come back. The campground hosts were glad to see us. Ignore the length warning, we fit fine and even parked our Jeep in front of our rig.

Looks like the price went up to 19$

http://www.rockymountainrec.com/camp/padres/paradise.htm
- part of the Santa Ynez Recreation area, but like a few places they contract the management of the campgrounds out, making it harder to use your passes.

Dump station we used was at Lake Cachuma (north west on 154). There is a full service campground there if you need hookups.

Ironically this was closer to my mom than the hotel we tried to book. I think it is 10 miles to the beach. Great hikes.