Skip to main content
Topic: Where is everybody (Read 441 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is everybody

Yahoo Message Number: 9343
I know some of you are traveling and hopefully
Not in this heat. 103 in Montana yesterday. On to north Yellowstone today. Yesterday was the first time my Seneca almost redlined on heat. Was ok down hill but hot uphill.

Re: Where is everybody

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9344
We just had a long weekend in Santa Barbara, CA at one of our favorite places called Ocean Mesa RV Park. Nice oceanview spaces, food, pool etc etc. Top Notch park. Close to wineries etc. etc.

Staying close this summer - take a week in our backyard at Campland on the Bay [San Diego] which is fun, great bike riding etc.

San a Seneca at Ocean Mesa but never met the owner.....and my Dynamax was there too! Its on the short list for my next coach as they make a 34' coach on a Freightliner M2 Business Class Chassis so you can tow 25K pounds.

Will get in a few beach days here and there too.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:28 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Where is everybody

Not in this heat. 103 in Montana yesterday. On to north Yellowstone today. Yesterday was the first time my Seneca almost redlined on heat. Was ok down hill but hot uphill.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9345
By the way - I never have seen close to redline but into the 220/230 range up some of the steepest climbs.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:28 AM

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9346
Heading to Chicago Thurs to see our son and his family for a couple days and then on to Mackinac for about 10 days.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of daneg
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:29 AM

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9347
Staying home. Taking care of Betty. Working on installing a base plate and brake system for flat towing.
Know anyone that needs a tow dolly?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9349
Sitting home in NC for the foreseeable future. We left May 3 for Denver
and returned May 20th, landing at the coast for almost a month. Got
chased home by the smoke from the fires. Everything was covered in ash
and soot so that took some extra cleaning.

No more travel plans until maybe September/October for us.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9351
Getting ready for our annual summer lake trip to Lake Nacimiento/Lake San Antonio, Ca., next month. Lots of things to keep track of with our 08 8.1 L Fourwinds (thanks to this forum!), including tires, shocks, cooling system, slides, headlights, and refrigerator doors. Thankfully we have not had any problems or issues yet. Just have to worry about the boat.!

Rob

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9355
Love to get some Nacimiento tips.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Where is everybody

Getting ready for our annual summer lake trip to Lake Nacimiento/Lake San Antonio, Ca., next month. Lots of things to keep track of with our 08 8.1 L Fourwinds (thanks to this forum!), including tires, shocks, cooling system, slides, headlights, and refrigerator doors. Thankfully we have not had any problems or issues yet. Just have to worry about the boat.!

Rob

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9356
Sunday thru Thursdays are good time to go to avoid the summer crowds. Avoid weekends. Even better time is late August and September. Water is still warm, crowds have thinned. Campground is not why you go, the lake is. There are hook ups but they are too far away if you have a boat and want to be near the water. The lake is beautiful. Best waterski water in the State. Lots of protective coves and shoreline.

Rob
Fourwinds 34H, 8.1L