Skip to main content
Topic: Power adders. (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

Power adders.

Yahoo Message Number: 2372
Anyone driving a diesel have any opinions about the Edge Juice/Attitude or any other chips.
Inspector

Re: Power adders.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2384
So far I have not put a programmer on my engine. But have done some reading up on it. Some of the programmers will not work on the Kodiak.
PPE and EFLive seem to be the recommended choices on Diesel Place. Here is a thread with some links to different vendors that can answer your questions. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244762

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2390
I tried Edge technologies, their tuner was ranked the best at the time, looked good, excited about Installing. Install involved drilling a hole in the pipe to install a fitting for back pressure, wiring, what you'd expect nothing drastic.
Got all the wiring, mechanical, mounting etc. Low and behold down the last plug wouldn't mate. Called Edge in Utah, told them it wouldn't work and basically said yes it is for a lly engine but no where does it say for lly in a motor home.
Greatly disappointed sent it back got my money back later. MORAL TO THE STORY be sure it states for a c5500 Kodiak OR IT WILL NOT WORK if it does it won't be right. Verify, clearly state what the unit will be used, then ask again. Right now I have no programmer or tuner but still interested. Good Luck

Mike

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2394
, "dbrford43"  wrote:
Anyone driving a diesel have any opinions about the Edge Juice/Attitude or any other chips.
Inspector

I have a 2007 Endura. We installed a TS Perfomance PowerPlay MP-8 chip a couple years ago. I tow a horse trailer and found it to be very useful when going up mountains. The extra power is great! The only time I had trouble was when I got some bad diesel. I had to turn off the chip until the engine was running right again. Tara

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2395
I tried Edge technologies, their tuner was ranked the best at the time, looked good, excited about Installing. Install involved drilling a hole in the pipe to install a fitting for back pressure, wiring, what you'd expect nothing drastic.
Got all the wiring, mechanical, mounting etc. Low and behold down the last plug wouldn't mate. Called Edge in Utah, told them it wouldn't work and basically said yes it is for a lly engine but no where does it say for lly in a motor home.
Greatly disappointed sent it back got my money back later. MORAL TO THE STORY be sure it states for a c5500 Kodiak OR IT WILL NOT WORK if it does it won't be right. Verify, clearly state what the unit will be used, then ask again. Right now I have no programmer or tuner but still interested. Good Luck

Mike

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2420
I will guaranty the Edge will not work it will in a Chevy/GMC PU trucks but not in the c5500, and Edge in Utah does not really care.

Mike