Skip to main content
Topic: while on the subject of water... (Read 685 times) previous topic - next topic

while on the subject of water...

Yahoo Message Number: 2907
We seem to have an issue with the water pressure at the kitchen sink. water pressure everywhere else is fine, but the kitchen shink flow is lame at best...
anyone have any suggestions?
VR
Morrigan

Re: while on the subject of water...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2909
We have a filter under the kitchen sink that reduces the flow, a little. You might want to check and see if they did install a filter under your sink, and change it, if they did.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2916
Did you check if the spout diffuser/aerator is not plugged with debris? I have seen this twice. Every faucet on my new 5th wheel had crud left over after manufacture. I had to clean them all out even though dealer claimed they checked out the entire trailer. My sisters trailer had their kitchen sink plug too because of hard water deposit. Cleaned theirs out and it worked fine.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2941
checked, I don't have a filter, and while there was a small amout of crud in the screen, nothing like enough to cause the flow problems we have. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Morrigan

Is

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2942
W LEHMAN wrote:

crud in the screen, nothing like enough to cause the flow problems we
have. Anyone have any other suggestions?

My rig is over at the dealer getting some work done......ferry boat
incident, don't ask :-\....anyway, I can't recall if there is a shutoff
valve under the sink like there is in a residential application. I had a
similar problem with my kitchen sink at home and it turned out the
rubber washer in the cut-off valve was coming apart and a piece of the
rubber was up inside the line. A quick blow out and change of washer
took care of the problem.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2943
Is the water flow low on both the hot and cold water? If only low on one line, I would expect a kinked/plugged line. If the flow is low on both, the only other problems are a restriction in the faucet (I have removed the water saver/aerator on some of my faucets to improve flow - if you model faucet has one), or some sort of restriction in the lines... too many 90deg turns, too small of lines, partially closed valves..................

I think you have a tough task ahead of you on deleting each possibility, one at a time:(

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 2944

I haven't been following this thread, but have you checked the filter on the pump itself? It will often plug up with debris from when the coach was built.

Denny

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 2945
yes, it's just the kitchen sink, plenty of pressure everywhere else.
Morrigan

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 07:33:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: while on the subject of water...

I haven't been following this thread, but have you checked the filter on the pump itself? It will often plug up with debris from when the coach was built.

Denny

In a message dated 8/30/2009 9:50:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time, bpiner@.... com writes:

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 2946

I would pull the lines to the faucet and turn on the pump to see if the pressure is low to the kitchen faucet. Apparently you have done this, and the pressure must have been low. Somewhere in the line is an obstruction. I would pull the connection at the pump and using an air pressure gun, force air back towards the pump in the line to see if the obstruction will "blow out." Keep your line pressure within reason, but since there is flow, you can keep it above the water pressure limit. Probably start around 50-60 psi.

Denny

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 2947

I forgot.... can you tell if it is the hot or the cold line? It is likely one or the other, not both. If the hot one, then are the other hot lines low also? If the hot line, and is only to the sink in the kitchen, then you will need to involve the hot water tank, pull the line and use the air pressure there also. Good luck, and am sorry if I am sounding redundant to other advice.

Denny

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 2954
It seems to be both, as if there was somthing pinched, but I'll try blowing it out to see if that fixes it.
'Precieate the suggestions.
Morrigan

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:04:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: while on the subject of water...

I forgot.... can you tell if it is the hot or the cold line? It is likely one or the other, not both. If the hot one, then are the other hot lines low also? If the hot line, and is only to the sink in the kitchen, then you will need to involve the hot water tank, pull the line and use the air pressure there also. Good luck, and am sorry if I am sounding redundant to other advice.

Denny

In a message dated 8/31/2009 10:00:24 A.M. Central Daylight Time, Dmyhre943@aol. com writes: