Skip to main content
Topic: Winter storage for engine (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

Winter storage for engine

Yahoo Message Number: 3008
I've found a place for indoor storage this winter. Its not heated or anything. As a former travel trailer owner I know how to winterize the coach but what do you do for the engine?
From what I've read I need to disconnect the coach batteries or put them on a bettery tender.

Is the disconnect switch by the stairs for the coach batteries sufficient for those?

My unit is a diesel so then do I just put in a fuel stabilizer? Any recommendations on that product? Any difference in what level you store your fuel tank at other then it would require more stabilizer? Do I run the engine after I put in the additive to the fuel? I will probably be stored from December through Mid-March.

Anything else I'm missing?

Re: Winter storage for engine

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3009
Run engine and run generator to get the stabilizer in the lines.

Where are you located and how cold will it get?

Do you have power available in the storage buidling?

When we had our Winnie with Cat C7 they said turn it off and LEAVE IT OFF. Now, we were in Florida for the winter and they said it is not cold enough to have to add anything to the fuel or the oil.

Take a look in the GM manual in case they have covered this off.

BTW, our first Class A was a Ford gasser and Ford RV said PARK AND LEAVE AND DON'T RUN IT AT ALL - to keep moisture out.

Don

Re: Winter storage for engine

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3010
I'm in Salt Lake City, UT. So we'll see below freezing temperatures but nothing too extreme. In fact since I purchased a snowblower this year I'm expecting a mild winter.