Skip to main content
Topic: Water tank heat (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

Water tank heat

Yahoo Message Number: 4227
I will be going into cold weather for one night this coming week. The low is predicted to be 26 degrees. I don't know how long this low will last but assume it could be from midnight until 8 or 9 AM. My question
Does any heat from furnace get into the tanks area or do I need to get something to heat the area? I am considering a trouble light or maybe a portable heater. Is this wise?

Thanks,
Bob
2008 Jayco Seneca 34SS

Re: Water tank heat

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4228
The furnace shoots heat to the tank area. As long as the furnace is on you don't have anything to worry about at 26 degrees. We ski every weekend in winter and no issues. Next year's ski area will have electrical hookups so we'll likely run electric heaters instead of propane furnace.I will probably have some ultraheat tank heaters installed.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of aakbob2003
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:58 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Water tank heat

I will be going into cold weather for one night this coming week. The low is predicted to be 26 degrees. I don't know how long this low will last but assume it could be from midnight until 8 or 9 AM. My question
Does any heat from furnace get into the tanks area or do I need to get something to heat the area? I am considering a trouble light or maybe a portable heater. Is this wise?

Thanks,
Bob
2008 Jayco Seneca 34SS

Re: Water tank heat

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4229
Before we de-winterized in February (getting ready for a trip South) I put a cup of water in one of the basement compartments as a test and it didn't freeze at 20+ degrees. We had electric heat going in the MH as we were getting it ready. I personally don't think you will have any problems.

We also had been out in 13+ degree temps with our 2001 Designer and never had any tank or plumbing problems. However we do use a heated water hose and never leave the sewer hose out.

Dave Sparke SENECA 35GS