Skip to main content
Topic: Whistle Phone (Read 401 times) previous topic - next topic

Whistle Phone

Yahoo Message Number: 4577
Below is a note I sent to a few friends this evening. Rather than explain it again I thought I'd just paste it in here.

Whistle is a relatively new system and I thought members of the group may find it of interest and worth getting. Cost is ZERO other than for calls made to numbers outside the US but the long distance rates look to be very good for many countries.

I just heard about it yesterday when listening to a podcast and I have installed it and it works very well. I've not read all of the material and there may be more features that I've not identified yet.

Don

Re: Whistle Phone

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4579
does it work with an ooma line. http://www.ooma.com/

we bought an ooma about a year and half ago for $100.00, and got rid of quest.

more than happy with ooma, no fees and no annual costs other than for international calls.

calls to Ont. Canada cost us .016 cents a min.

don

Re: Whistle Phone

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4580
I'd think you can call an Ooma phone but you need a computer to make out calls with Whistle. I don't think the intended use is quite the same. We use Skype in RV parks, hotels, motels, restaurants, McDonalds, etc (had a lot of ice cream cones at 50 cents in Australia when we'd call home on our iPod with Skype from McDonalds) and that looks to be tough with Ooma unless you have a hardwired internet connection.
We will us Whistle and Skype now.

Don