Skip to main content
Topic: Submodel (Read 581 times) previous topic - next topic

Submodel

Yahoo Message Number: 7389
Hi folks,

Need help how to figure out the submodel for my chassis.

I did a search here on the groups and found some info, but nothing that would direct me to a right place.

I did subscribe to dieselplace, I have posted there as well, but never got an answer on vin check number either.

Is this info written somewhere? or do I need to contact chevy?

thank you so much
Mo

Re: Submodel

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7390
Not sure what you mean by "sub model" but any dealer should be able to give you that info with the VIN.

Dave Sparke

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7392
Mo,

Search the forum posts. I'm fairly sure it you will find it. We had discussion on this some time earlier and I posted mine as it was on my build sheet. It is on my computer at home 200 miles away or I'd be able to give it to you.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7394
Ron and all,
thank you all for answering,

I did search the post and could not find a straight answer, also I did put a request on diesel place and never got an answer either.
Ron, it is something like that exactly what I am looking for, yours CC5U042, how do I figure out what mine is? is it called merchandising model? maybe if I look for that I can find.

Some web sites ask for this when you want to buy accessories, also I am looking for Hellwig springs, although I did as Hellwig and they told me LP35 9566, and 2 places asked me that as well.
thank you
Mo

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7395
I've had the same quandary. I do know what the choices are, but don't know how to identify a particular vehicle.

These are the submodel choices:

C5C042
C5C044
C5E042
C5E044
C5U042
C5U044

The submodel is needed sometimes when buying parts.

Charles

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7397
That number CC5U042 is on the Silver GM door sticker that also has my VIN number that says Incomplete Vehicle.

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2011 5:53 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Submodel

Check out the link below. At top of page is a list of the Models. Looks like all of the MH chassis have the same Model #.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/mediumduty/proddesc.jsp?year=2009&brandID=1&line=206&modelID=1473&package=1593&series=1§ion=1&page=0#cat15

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 7404
Ron,

Thank for the info, that is a great table.

All,
thanks again for helping.
Mo