Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Thor Super C - Cheateau, F550 with 6.7L Diesel. ... (Read 642 times) previous topic - next topic

2015 Thor Super C - Cheateau, F550 with 6.7L Diesel. ...

Yahoo Message Number: 15166

The alarm is "viper" and is relative cheap and I use it to "remote" start the coach with the unit set for up to one hour. Alas, I am in need to fix that "darn" door on the sliding pantry 'cause it does open when I don't want it to. I changed the batteries to 90AH and added 2 more under the bed and in a container. I now have 360AH and that does well most of the time. I am not keen on the fridge 'cause it leaks air and runs too often. I "will" find and replace the fridge soon. Of note, my fuel economy this weekend was just at 10MPG, with no trailers or vehicles behind it. The 7-7.5 MPG was towing a 8K Lb trailer and in the mountains. I really like the torque and this machine will merge with traffic on any freeway.

Re: 2015 Thor Super C - Cheateau, F550 with 6.7L Diesel. ...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15167
Yes, I also changed out the batteries as part of the selling deal when I got it to two 6v 232ah to make my 12v. I have saved enough room to add two more, but have not seen the need to do so. The basement compartments, I siliconed all the perimeter, both inside and outside, where the attachment to the underbelly is and have not had an issue with water sense. I also changed the antenna to the low type so as to keep the shadow off my solar panels :). The ladder, yes, I've had to keep tightening those screws as well had one that started spinning, so I used a well nut and been holding sense. I for one, enjoy working on my coach, I really get to know it that way. The last thing I did was purchase a PEX kit, not that I have had any leaks in the plumbing, but more just in case I have a leak :)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15168

I have tried to get the fridge to make it through the night without starting the gen but have not been able to make that so far.... The gen will auto start sometime just before or at sunrise. I have found ONE unit that uses half of what my current fridge uses but I think I will be forced to remove a window to get the new one in since I don't think it will fit through the door. I agree, I also enjoy fixing things on the coach and always keep the tools handy. I had to tighten the shower screws this weekend and need to figure out a way to seal the hatches from water. Jerry in Texas 713-455-7111

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15170
That is really odd. I not only make it through the night but we also watch the tv for two to three hours. I did change my converter to a better one that will charge to 95% and I use a morning star solar controller that will also get to a full 98% charge when boon docking as well as a link 10 pro battery monitor to watch what is happening. You should be able to make it too I would think.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15171
I also have a 2014 Thor Super C. Love the way it drives and tows, had to fix the vent for the front fuel tank vent. What drove me nuts was that residential (house) refrigerator, it was always a fight since all I do is dry camp. I ended up pulling that thing out and putting in a propane RV refrigerator...love it! I can camp for days without starting the generator!

I haven't came up for a fix to the pantry. Right now I just put the dog bed in front of it while we are driving.

Chuck

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15172
Chuck. Go with the Velcro tab picked two up from Lowes pre made even. Just got to remember to use it.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15173
Guys if the door of the pantry or any drawers

Re: 2015 Thor Super C - Cheateau, F550 with 6.7L Diesel. ... [1 Atta

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15174
My sister in law uses these at her day care. They work by using a magnet key which you touch to the area of the locking mechanism.

Safety Baby Magnetic Cabinet Locks - No Tools Or Screws Needed, 4 Locks + 1 Key Amazon.com : Jambini Magnetic Cabinet Locks - Child Safety Locks - Baby...

For the drawers, I've noticed that some of the slow/soft close mechanisms do a great job keeping them closed. I've seen them on a few new RVs and the owners have swore by them.

Jay