Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca 35GS Slide info. (Read 421 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca 35GS Slide info.

Yahoo Message Number: 6882

Some info regarding 35GS slideout (kitchen side anyway). Went to bring it in the other day and it stopped after coming in about 8". I could bump it all the way in but it would not run continuous, tried several times. Decided to look underneath as best I could and found a screw right where the carpet and linoleum come together, apparently lost during assembly. Got the screw out using a magnet. Also decided to put silicone on the seals all the way around, sides, top and bottom. Don't know if the screw was the issue or just "sticky" seals, but it now moves in and out faster than it ever did, even when we first got it.

Plan on spraying silicone on the others at our next stop and I will let you know if it changes the bedroom and dinette speed as well.
Dave Sparke

Re: Seneca 35GS Slide info.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6883
I apply silicone twice a month on all my slides and it makes a big difference. Dane

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6884
What kind of silicon do you guys use? Where all do you spray it?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of daneg
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 2:22 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Seneca 35GS Slide info.

I apply silicone twice a month on all my slides and it makes a big difference. Dane

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6885
I use Camco Slide Lube that I purchased at Wal-Mart. Also use the slide seal lube on rubber seals from Wal-Mart also.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6887
What is a better thing to use on the slide seals Seal conditioner or just the plain Silicone spray ??