Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel Savings Information (Read 404 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Savings Information

Yahoo Message Number: 6886
Thanks Jim for sending me the link to the radio interview on fuel savings. Yes, that is the product I use and found it to work exactly as advertised. It gets me 20% better MPG. I will post your link information so all of our other Kodiak group members can listen to this too.
Thanks,
Larry

http://www.ca40g.com/skin1/images/edschultz0523.mp3

Re: Fuel Savings Information

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6888
Hey guys,
Calcium sulfonate is old news! CMH should provide HFRR numbers or independent testing to back up these claims.
Calcium sulfonate can = GOOp in ur tank.
If farmers use it ....it must be good, right?
I want to see proof before i risk the health of my 6.6l

good luck,

bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6889
I ordered a bottle and going to give it a try with one bottle to check and see if it really helps. Don weigh in on this. Dane

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6891
I tried it and mileage went DOWN!!!!!!!

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Fuel Savings Information

I ordered a bottle and going to give it a try with one bottle to check and see if it really helps. Don weigh in on this. Dane

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6896
Sorry to here your results were not what they should have been. This product is a product that needs to be added at the correct ratio to work properly. Direct from the web site in the Q&A section it states:

How Do I Use CA-40?

Q: What if I accidentally put in way too much?
A: There will be no adverse effects on the engine. However, you will not have gains in efficiency and in fact, efficiency may temporarily decrease.

Q: What is the best measurement for most vehicles?
A: An ounce to 15-20 gallons is the best ratio. It varies depending on vehicle, type of driving, and several other factors. The best thing to do is try a few tank fulls to find what ratio works best for you and your driving. As a general rule, it is better to go richer, (1 oz to 15 gallons) than leaner, (1 oz to 24 gallons). An ounce to 24 gives no improvement in combustion enhancement.

My person experience is that the first tank full is easy to measure in the correct amount. The Kodiak has an 80 gallon fuel tank so following the mixing chart: I added 160mi or 5.33oz. I always added the CA40 using a measuring cup measured in ml. as oz. get too confusing in the tenth oz. measure such as 5.33 oz. Always make sure you shake the bottle before adding the CA to the fuel tank!
I think the next place people have problems is refilling the tank as the tank isn't empty and you have to account for the amount of fuel remaining in the tank and the CA 40 already in the fuel. For example if I were down to a half of a tank of fuel I would only need to add 80 ml. and refill the tank with fuel. With a little care and a little math skill you can easily keep the CA 40 at the correct ratio in the fuel tank. I always used the 1 oz. or 30ml to 15 gallons of fuel with great success

Good Luck,
Larry

Below is the CA40Ratio Chart

We recommend that beginning users start with a ratio of 1 oz. CA-40 to 15 gallons of fuel.
MIX RATIO
Graduated

1 oz. or 30 mi. CA-40 to 15 Gallons of fuel

1 gallon 1/15oz 2ml
5 gallons 1/3oz 10 ml
10 gallons 2/3 oz 20 ml
15 gallons 1 oz 30 ml
20 gallons 1 1/3 oz 40 ml
25 gallons 1 2/3 oz 50 ml
30 gallons 2 oz 60 ml
35 gallons 2 1/3 oz 70 ml
40 gallons 2 2/3 oz 80 ml