Skip to main content
Topic: Gasket Between Cab and O-head (Read 405 times) previous topic - next topic

Gasket Between Cab and O-head

Yahoo Message Number: 11039
and it STICKS to anything...but back to the conundrum of how to get it in there...>

Ron - took your advice and tried hose-clamping half-inch tubing to nozzle on caulk-tube, but it wouldn't stay on, and I ended up making more of a mess than I usually do with the Dicor. Was kind of hesitant to try it, but I put an extension on the nozzle of a can of window/door foam insulation (1/4" vacuum line), and used a piece of scrap to keep it straight (about 16" long). Made a generous bead of this goop right on top of the original gasket - and pressed in that 3/4" automotive door gasket - with the bulb to the outside. With the exception of a few drips on top of the cab to clean up, it turned out pretty well - the window/door version didn't push the new gasket out (like the original formula would have), and it didn't ooze out from behind it. Gasket is tight, both top and bottom, and since the goop is closed-cell, it is a second layer of water resistance. Might recommend everyone closely inspect theirs - mine had gaps at both front corners - lucked out with only a small leak, and only one time.