Skip to main content
Topic: 2004 Guf Stream running lights (Read 506 times) previous topic - next topic

2004 Guf Stream running lights

Yahoo Message Number: 6439
On the way to the dessert today (Gordon's Well, 30mi east of El Centro Ca.)The running lights have decided to quit working, can't seem to find any tripped fuses, the brake lights and turn signals are OK along with the headlights. Any suggestions?

Re: 2004 Guf Stream running lights

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6440
I'm not sure if it's the same on the Kodiak, but on some GM vehicles, if the parking brake is on, the running lights go off. Is your parking brake totally off?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6441
Attachments :

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd also check the connections on the switch for the running lights on the dash and make sure they are connected. When revamping the interior in our '05, I was a little surprised at the number of crimp connections that needed to be redone and terminals barely on the corresponding spade connector.
    Greg

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of George Hooper
    Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 8:13 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2004 Guf Stream running lights

I'm not sure if it's the same on the Kodiak, but on some GM vehicles, if the parking brake is on, the running lights go off. Is your parking brake totally off?

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 6449
    Sorry for not replying sooner.
    There is a connector on passenger side frame. Look up on drive shaft of frame. About 2' back of cab entry steps. It probably has become unconnected. Bulletin 66 shows this connector for proper wiring of a brake controller. http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/bull66.pdf
    Best
    Ron Hall