Skip to main content
Topic: Front Antenna connection (Read 630 times) previous topic - next topic

Front Antenna connection

Yahoo Message Number: 7817
When we removed the old TV from the entertainment center up front, all the cables were disconnected. Then along came the Cable internet guy and he disconnected another cable up front "because it was interfering with the cable signal". Now we are preparing to travel to the US for the winter and want to hook up the roof top antenna to the TV. Where does the fron antenna signal come from?? The connection with the booster in the center cupboard or from the antenna connection in the TV area? There are about a million wires back there and we are royally confused!

Re: Front Antenna connection

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7818
It should be from the booster. Mine was connected to the front of the booster then went to a splitter which then was connected to the front TV and the back TV

Dave Sparke

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7819
OK, next question. There is a cable with red, white and yellow, which I think is for the DVD, then there is another cable with red and white, what is that one for? I am also not getting antenna TV through to the bedroom.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7820
The red/White is right and left audio for a sound system.
The second antenna is probably for the rear TV. Should be a AB switch for it. There is also a TV 2 output on back of antenna booster switch. If you use this connection it will switch the rear TV from antenna to cable. Just like the front TV.
My memory is not as good as it used to be. This info came from helping Russ Hill with his system.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7821

Our 35GS had a splitter behind the TV. The cable came from the front of the Ant Amp, went to the splitter then, one wire went to the front TV and the other went to the Kit slide and another splitter before going to the back TV. Wire for the back TV should be brown if I remember correctly. I didn't have any a/b switches.

Also mine has a white/red/yellow from the DVD connected to the back as well as the front TV for that system. The red and white on ours was to connect the TV sound to the surround sound system. The cable guy didn't need to disconnect anything since all you have to do is turn the ant amp off for the outside cable connection to work.

Dave Sparke

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7822
Don't even get me started on the outside TV, that doesn't connect to the anything either. I foresee a visit to Jayco to get this sorted out.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7823
Dee,

i put a few schematics in the files section, theres one there called "Schematic, Sound System Coax And Audio Video System" and one called "Schematic, Speaker & Speaker Selector Switch" that may help.

don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7829
I don't seem to be able to open the schematics. What format are they in?

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7831
It is a TIFF picture.
I converted the picture to a PDF file. Should be at bottom of the list that Don posted.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 7832
To get to Elkhart you have to pass close to my place. I will bet that we can figure it out in short time. Took Russ Hill and I a hour to figure out that things were not wired properly by satellite installer. He can now get input signals from all the available sources. Best part of newer TV's is they have all kinds of inputs. This lets you get rid of some of the switches that Jayco installed.
You can camp in our backyard. Electric, Water and a pump out. Make a weekend trip down this way before the snow flies.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 7834
Thanks, Ron. We are heading south at the end of this month, but are going via my sister's house in Maryland. However, we will be coming home to Ontario via Indiana in April. I might just take you up on your offer then. Thanks.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 7835
Enjoy your trip. We may be able to meet in the spring. We usually try to get home first of May for Mothers Day.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 7836
Not a hope Ron. First of May would be over 183 days and that spells trouble with the IRS.

Don