Skip to main content
Topic: Replaced RV house batterys in 36 MS Seneca (Read 492 times) previous topic - next topic

Replaced RV house batterys in 36 MS Seneca

Yahoo Message Number: 11660
Today I replaced our original house wet cell RV house batterys with dry Duracell AGM 100% maintenance free batterys from Sams club. Three of our original batterys from Jayco(2008) still were good but one was bad. I have never used AGM batterys in a RV but had very good luck with one in my off road Haybussa turbo charged motorcycle powered mini sandrail lasting 10 years. Any thoughts or experiences with AGM batterys in a RV house battery use?

Sams club price $179.00 EA x 4
Larry Myers

Re: Replaced RV house batterys in 36 MS Seneca

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11661
I put Sears AGMs in my RV a couple of years ago, the only one I found locally in group 31, their ID: PM1.

On paper, AGMs have many advantages over conventional. The main one for me is maintenance free. So far so good. They perform like batteries. Time will tell on longevity.

I use a Battery Minder on both sets of batteries on occasion. I have a high opinion of the Minder with my experience bringing garden tractor batteries back to life.

Charles

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11662
Ah yes. What a reminder. We had a few acres and I had a garden tractor and in the spring my Battery Minder also did a good job.

Now a small lot and a lawn mower. :(

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11673
I've run AGM's for about 10 years and they work great !
8 of those years were in a 5th wheel and I needed the 'non off gas' feature of the AGM's so I could mount them in the front compartment without the venting associated with the one wet-cell that came with the trailer.

Bought a AGM for the Conquest after we got it... something was really killing the batteries though and before a year was up it was dead and would not hold a charge, got a new one on warrenty. That was back last summer. Since then I have put on a charge wizard and if I leave the RV unconnected for weeks I remove the positive lead.

No fault of the battery, and it still works great.
Bruce