Skip to main content
Topic: 05 Endura Lighter Outlet on Console Dead (Read 959 times) previous topic - next topic

05 Endura Lighter Outlet on Console Dead

Yahoo Message Number: 13079
Ever since I bought my 05 Endura three years ago the cigarette lighter outlet on the console has not worked.

After three years I sought out to fix it tonight but all the wiring up to the socket from the floor looks good, but checking the back of the outlet with a DVM shows no voltage.

I checked the Chevy owners manual and could not find any mention of a fuse for the console cigarette lighter so before I start tracing the wiring back I am asking if anyone has had this problem and if so how you fixed it. Everything else in the cab works fine including the dash mounted cigarette lighter.

Any and all help appreciated...

Thanks

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA

Re: 05 Endura Lighter Outlet on Console Dead

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13082
I have the same model with the same issue. I did as you and never figured it out. I'm glad u asked the question

Doug Brothers

Douglas Brothers

"n3fti@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote:

Ever since I bought my 05 Endura three years ago the cigarette lighter outlet on the console has not worked.

After three years I sought out to fix it tonight but all the wiring up to the socket from the floor looks good, but checking the back of the outlet with a DVM shows no voltage.

I checked the Chevy owners manual and could not find any mention of a fuse for the console cigarette lighter so before I start tracing the wiring back I am asking if anyone has had this problem and if so how you fixed it. Everything else in the cab works fine including the dash mounted cigarette lighter.

Any and all help appreciated...

Thanks

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13086
It's probably the fuse and it is behind the kick panel on the right side I believe. Had it happen several years ago and I think that was were it was. It does say in the manual

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13089
My service manual shows fuse #8 (20 amp) on instrument panel fuse block supplies power to the cigarette lighter. It also supplies voltage to the power post on right side of dash and OBDII port. The fuse panel is on passenger side of dash. Requires a 10mm wrench to remove the 2 bolts hold panel in place. Need to look up from floor to see bolts.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13091
Thanks I will give that a try
Doug

Douglas Brothers

"ronjhall@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote:

My service manual shows fuse #8 (20 amp) on instrument panel fuse block supplies power to the cigarette lighter. It also supplies voltage to the power post on right side of dash and OBDII port. The fuse panel is on passenger side of dash. Requires a 10mm wrench to remove the 2 bolts hold panel in place. Need to look up from floor to see bolts.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13092
Thanks Ron

I will check it out tonight. It is the last item on my list prior to heading out on Friday.

We are heading out on our annual trip from Pennsylvania to Arkansas on Friday July 27th. Will stay at Two Rivers Landing resort in Sevierville TN Friday night the 27th. Will head back to PA and stay there again July 3rd and the 4th, and head back to PA on July 5th.

Hope to check in to the group as we will have internet access at Two Rivers...

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA

--

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13093
We hope to meet some relatives there in the fall. Let us know if their are any issues with getting the river view. Drive safe

Douglas Brothers

"Steven Kerns n3fti@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote:

Thanks Ron

I will check it out tonight. It is the last item on my list prior to heading out on Friday.

We are heading out on our annual trip from Pennsylvania to Arkansas on Friday July 27th. Will stay at Two Rivers Landing resort in Sevierville TN Friday night the 27th. Will head back to PA and stay there again July 3rd and the 4th, and head back to PA on July 5th.

Hope to check in to the group as we will have internet access at Two Rivers...

Steven Kerns
 Kutztown, PA

--

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13095
Douglas,

We have stayed the last two years. I make reservations on line prior to going to assure a spot. It does fill up quick and last year we would not have gotten a spot if I had not reserved a spot ahead of time.

Have never had a problem getting a river view spot. The first time we strayed there I call and talked to the manager (Don) and he advised that Super C were the same status as Class A units and that they just did not want smaller class Cs, vans , or RV trailers on the river side.

I sure am looking forward to some R&R!

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA
--

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 13097
Thanks for the info

Douglas Brothers

Douglas,

We have stayed the last two years. I make reservations on line prior to going to assure a spot. It does fill up quick and last year we would not have gotten a spot if I had not reserved a spot ahead of time.

Have never had a problem getting a river view spot. The first time we strayed there I call and talked to the manager (Don) and he advised that Super C were the same status as Class A units and that they just did not want smaller class Cs, vans , or RV trailers on the river side.

I sure am looking forward to some R&R!

Steven Kerns
 Kutztown, PA
 --

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 13099
Steven.....There is a breaker panel directly in front of the passenger seat. You remove this panel by loosening the 10mm screws that attach. Once this panel is removed check mini-fuse #13. . This panel houses many of the fuses for the pass. compt........russ

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:48 PM, "n3fti@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote:

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 13112
Tried each solution you guys suggested and still a dead lighter outlet. I believe there is a break in the power cable because the power port on the dash works but still no power at the console. I'll look into further when I get home.

We are staying the 4th at Two Rivers Landing RV Resort, Sevierville, TN (we were here two nights and) will be heading back to PA tomorrow. Wanted to let every one know that we once again parked on the river side and had a great stay. Nice people here and minimal kids.

We are thinking about coming down again for a long weekend in the fall.

Steven Kerns

--

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 13113
I had the same results. Neither fuse blown.

Doug

Douglas Brothers

Tried each solution you guys suggested and still a dead lighter outlet. I believe there is a break in the power cable because the power port on the dash works but still no power at the console. I'll look into further when I get home.

We are staying the 4th at Two Rivers Landing RV Resort, Sevierville, TN (we were here two nights and) will be heading back to PA tomorrow. Wanted to let every one know that we once again parked on the river side and had a great stay. Nice people here and minimal kids.

We are thinking about coming down again for a long weekend in the fall.

Steven Kerns

--