Skip to main content
Topic: 06 Seneca Camera Cover (Read 1260 times) previous topic - next topic

06 Seneca Camera Cover

Yahoo Message Number: 15824
Hi everyone, have an 06 Jayco Seneca 35GS and the rear backup camera cover has broken in two. Called dealer who contacted Jayco and it's not carried any longer (gotta luv Jayco). Any ideas on a replacement source or idea on a replacement suggestion would be appreciated. Thinking a piece of clear plexiglass and tracing outline of cover then having someone with a router cut it out. Thanks in advance!

Ed & Kerry Wells, SKP099747 / GS58345265

Have RV, Will Travel

Re: 06 Seneca Camera Cover

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15825
Actually pulled mine out in front of plexi. Covered with metal plate and you can see much better because does not get dusty.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15826
That's exactly what I did and it worked great. The edges don't have to be perfect as they are not visible. I also used some clear silicone when reinstalling. Easy project. Good luck.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15830
could you post a picture of that? I was looking for better options for that camera too. I had a blow out on my toad and never noticed it until the black smoke...

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:54 PM, "Yahoo kllasvegas@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15831
I'm not sure if you can notice it with any camera. I would suggest

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15833
I think as already stated. You will not see a flat in the camera screen. As suggested consider aTPMS for RV and Toad. I use TST. But there several other manufactures out there.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15834
I have the TireMinder system, although they dispute it, I think TireTracker is the same system with a different name. I have been fairly satisfied with this system (7 out of 10), but a while ago I found a system more geared for the trucking industry (but would also work on RV/Toad) that appeared to cost a bit less and maybe a better product. I just can't remember the brand name. I keep looking to find it.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 15835
I think the product I looked at was https://tsttruck.com/ but I'm not sure if it costs any less than the one I have. And I'm not sure if it's a better product or not than the one I have.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 15837
This place is the best! I have two systems from them on my Kodiak truck and trailer and can't be more happy, and their knowledge of what the systems they sell do is terrific.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 15838
I just bought the TST system and so far it seems good, but I did have 2 of the sensors not connect yet. I need to call TST. General RV's Ebay store had the best price.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 15840
i just got a piece of plexi and made an outline using the old one and used the plexi cutter. worked really well.

mark
--

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 15841
Dave
Sometime the valve core is tightened so deep into stem sensor cannot push pin in enough to let sensor read pressure. May need a new valve core. Try the sensor on a wheel that works.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 15842
After that last blow out I did get the tireminder as its still cheaper than that $500 deductible I had to pa y for all the damage it caused. It does makes me a little crazy as sometimes it gives me a signal that the sensor is off line and scares the crap out of me when it beeps. So I still would like the visual as my wife gets pissed when I send her back to go look every time it goes off...

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:54 PM, "'Randy' randy1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 15844
I also have the TireMinder system and have a Seneca (2014) that also used to frequently get a sensor dropout. You are correct, it can scare the heck out of you! Sometimes it was a toad tire, but I even sometimes would lose a rear dual.

I called Minder Research and talked to a very knowledgeable tech rep and we walked through all the possible causes. Everything I could or should do had been done. They told me with the proliferation of electronics using close frequencies it can happen, especially with larger rigs. What they have found usually cures the problem is a second repeater. Even though my system was out of warranty the sent me a free second repeater which I installed mid coach. I already had one in the back bedroom.

Since installing the second repeater I have not had a single signal dropout after thousands of miles. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with their customer service. Give them a call and see if they will help you similarly.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 15847
That sounds like the same issues I've had with our TireMinder TPMS system. That's why I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 15849
I will call them for sure!!! I do have the repeater installed in the far rear of the coach, just inside the bumper, and used the gator clips to get the power to it off the battery terminals back there. You said you have yours in the back bedroom? How do you supply the power to it? Maybe moving mine inside would help?

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:56 PM, "'Randy' randy1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 15850
My coach has a small night stand at the very rear, I had to run a 12-volt power line and put an outlet there for my CPAP machine. It is hot whenever the coach batteries are turned on. The repeater is hooked to that same 12 volt line.

The new repeater they supplied I attached to 12-volt hot and ground wires in the back of my refrigerator which is on the driver side mid-coach. I accessed it from the outside vent cover. The same power wire that supplies the Norcold with its power. The repeater draws a miniscule amount of power, so I was not worried about hooking it to that same wire.

When I was diagnosing my issue with TireMinder they had me double-check to make sure the rear repeater was actually on via it's LED. It was. You might want to make sure your repeater is still powered up properly. One less step to go through when you talk to them.

Good luck!

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 15851
thanks! so that repeater is outside in the fridge access? Sounds like a good place. My booster light is on for sure. But maybe when I hit a bump the gator clips loose contact... I will call them after work today.

thanks again!

On Friday, March 10, 2017 10:41 AM, "robbbyr robbbyr@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: