Skip to main content
Topic: 05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source? (Read 674 times) previous topic - next topic

05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source?

Yahoo Message Number: 15933
My Jayco is on a 2005 Kodiak Diesel chassis. Anyways, the dash radio is not working like there is no power to it. Tried the reset. Every other 12V piece of equipment is working.

Thanks in advance.
BIlly

Re: 05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15934

Just a solution that has worked a couple of times. Take the radio out of the dash, so you can unplug it. Count to 10 and plug back in.

It has worked twice for us.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding Carlyle, Illinois

On Friday, May 5, 2017 9:49 PM, "bpiner@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15935
If I'm not mistaken I believe there to be a didicated 12v fuse behind the radio. Thought I saw one while I was working back there but could be mistaken. Good luck.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15937
Radio has a fuse in fuse block under panel on passenger side of dash. You should be find a picture of the fuse block in your owners manual. Mine shows fuse #2.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15962
Still at a loss. Checked the fuse panel and the radio fuse is good… but I don’t think that is what powers the radio. That fuse is switched and only provides power when the key is on, and the radio always stayed on all the time.  Pulled the radio out of the dash and there are three wires providing power, and a bunch of speaker wires.  The red and brown wires have no power no matter the position of the ignition key.  The yellow wire is hot all the time.  I don’t have a book for the radio but I would guess the red operates the radio, the yellow keeps the clock time right, and the brown controls the display brightness.  Just got to figure out where Jayco red wire to to make it hot all the time.  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:42 AMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: 05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source?    Radio has a fuse in fuse block under panel on passenger side of dash. You should be find a picture of the fuse block in your owners manual. Mine shows fuse #2.BestRon Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15963
Mine is behind the kick panel on the drivers side.  Luke Pye  From: <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of "'Billy Piner' bpiner@... [SuperCrvgroup]" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: "SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, May 12, 2017 at 00:59To: "SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com>Subject: RE: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: 05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source?    Still at a loss Checked the fuse panel and the radio fuse is good… but I don’t think that is what powers the radio. That fuse is switched and only provides power when the key is on, and the radio always stayed on all the time. Pulled the radio out of the dash and there are three wires providing power, and a bunch of speaker wires.  The red and brown wires have no power no matter the position of the ignition key.  The yellow wire is hot all the time. I don’t have a book for the radio but I would guess the red operates the radio, the yellow keeps the clock time right, and the brown controls the display brightness. Just got to figure out where Jayco red wire to to make it hot all the time. From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:42 AMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: 05 Jayco 35GS Dash radio power source?   Radio has a fuse in fuse block under panel on passenger side of dash. You should be find a picture of the fuse block in your owners manual. Mine shows fuse #2.BestRon Hall