Skip to main content
Topic: 2004 Endura - comments needed (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

2004 Endura - comments needed

Yahoo Message Number: 3770
This afternoon there was a knock on the door of our park model here in FLA (our Kodiak is on our second lot next door) and a fellow asked if I'd mind answering some questions about the Kodiak - initially about gas mileage.

He has just basically concluded a deal with Lazy Days for this 2004:

http://www.lazydays.com/rvs/Motorhomes/GulfStream/Gulf_Stream_Endura_Gas_Motorhomes_001.html

LD does not show prices on used units but their "list" on this unit is $65,000 (I thought that was VERY high).

In the details at the bottom is says "exhaust brake" but that is just the result of someone with no knowledge putting in the info.

It has one slide and no levellers.

LD also says 8.1 Workhorse - more ignorance. This fellow kept telling me it is a Workhorse Chassis and I finally was able to explain what had happened - LD's error.

Anyway, he is trading a virtually new 2010 Bighorn 5er and a 2001 Dodge p/u with 5.9 Cummins EVEN for the Endura and is happy with the deal.

I pointed out some of the issues that Kodiak owners have had with springs and a few other things. He wondered if there was anything else he should know or look for.

I said I'd ask on our forum (he doesn't have a computer) and let him know if there was anything important he should be looking at. Mileage is low - 20,000 - and condition appears good - but it is 6 years old.

Anyone have any comments for me to pass on?

Tx

Don

BTW, we spent most of Sunday at LD and Bates RV looking at a wide variety of units. As it is now we bring down the Kodiak and park it for six months and our son lives in it and we had relatives in it for 3 weeks. I've been getting the feeling that I'd rather get a trailer (or 5er) to sit on the lot and leave the Kodiak at home. In the end we couldn't make up our minds and committed to nothing. What was very interesting at both LD and Bates was sales volume. Several items we were interested in from their web sites were sold when we were there or the day before. The salesman at LD said they have sold about 1100 Class A's so far this year - which is very good - and a lot more TTs and 5ers than they expected. We were also surprised at the number of toy haulers they were moving. We actually got serious about a toy hauler to park on the lot since the layout was great for our son with a huge garage that would be a second bedroom for him with the double electric bunks (bottom converts to a sofa), tv, etc. But they all had 5.5 Onans, fuel stations (have to be able to fuel up your toys) and features that were worthless for us.

Re: 2004 Endura - comments needed

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3771
Interesting story. Did you invite him to join this forum?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3772
Yes, but given that he doesn't have a computer his access will be infrequent.

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3773
2004 I would think that they may be original tires. Probably time to buy new tires. Looks pretty good in the pictures.

Keith

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, March 9, 2010 2:32:19 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2004 Endura - comments needed

This afternoon there was a knock on the door of our park model here in FLA (our Kodiak is on our second lot next door) and a fellow asked if I'd mind answering some questions about the Kodiak - initially about gas mileage.

He has just basically concluded a deal with Lazy Days for this 2004:

http://www.lazydays.com/rvs/Motorhomes/GulfStream/Gulf_Stream_Endura_Gas_Motorhomes_001.html

LD does not show prices on used units but their "list" on this unit is $65,000 (I thought that was VERY high).

In the details at the bottom is says "exhaust brake" but that is just the result of someone with no knowledge putting in the info.

It has one slide and no levellers.

LD also says 8.1 Workhorse - more ignorance. This fellow kept telling me it is a Workhorse Chassis and I finally was able to explain what had happened - LD's error.

Anyway, he is trading a virtually new 2010 Bighorn 5er and a 2001 Dodge p/u with 5.9 Cummins EVEN for the Endura and is happy with the deal.

I pointed out some of the issues that Kodiak owners have had with springs and a few other things. He wondered if there was anything else he should know or look for.

I said I'd ask on our forum (he doesn't have a computer) and let him know if there was anything important he should be looking at. Mileage is low - 20,000 - and condition appears good - but it is 6 years old.

Anyone have any comments for me to pass on?

Tx

Don

BTW, we spent most of Sunday at LD and Bates RV looking at a wide variety of units. As it is now we bring down the Kodiak and park it for six months and our son lives in it and we had relatives in it for 3 weeks. I've been getting the feeling that I'd rather get a trailer (or 5er) to sit on the lot and leave the Kodiak at home. In the end we couldn't make up our minds and committed to nothing. What was very interesting at both LD and Bates was sales volume. Several items we were interested in from their web sites were sold when we were there or the day before. The salesman at LD said they have sold about 1100 Class A's so far this year - which is very good - and a lot more TTs and 5ers than they expected. We were also surprised at the number of toy haulers they were moving. We actually got serious about a toy hauler to park on the lot since the layout was great for our son with a huge garage that would be a second bedroom for him with the double electric bunks (bottom converts to a sofa), tv, etc. But they all had 5.5 Onans, fuel stations (have to be able to fuel up your toys) and features that were worthless for us.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3774
Ah, that reminds me. A week ago I was told that Florida has passed a law that tires must be replaced after six years. I was startled and meant to do some googling to see what I could learn - but forgot about it until seeing your comments.

If it is true, I wonder how they will determine the six years? From the dates on the tires? From the date a new vehicle was licensed? If I learn anything I'll post it here. In the interim, if anyone here who is a Florida resident is familiar with this rumour or fact, they might wish to enlighten us.

I'll mention to Bob that he should think about the tires.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3775
I did a search and came up with a few hits - the legislature has not drafted a bill but is discussing a bill "to prevent the sale of tires six years of age, and older."

I bought new tires, this past fall. The sales guy thought I was nuts when I insisted on inspecting the tires before mounting. However, the mechanic, that mounted my tires, does all the big trucks and RVs... he said that most people came back and checked, or asked about, the date on their new tires.

My new tires were about 5 months old when they were installed. And, all of them had the same date.