Skip to main content
Topic: Just got my Lazy Daze Kodiak (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic

Just got my Lazy Daze Kodiak

Yahoo Message Number: 3768
I picked up my new Lazy Daze Kodiak last Monday and did a 1000 mile shake down cruise. We left the factory after an almost 5 hour orientation by the owner of Lazy Daze Steve Newton. We then went to ExtraMile RV owned by Tim Pease for an installation of a Kayak rack on the roof, clean and it looks factory fresh. A great addition and a professional installation highly recommend his work. We headed north to Ridgecrest to the Tire-man for his Dully valve stem kit install. The install went great and we were able to stay at his shop that is right across from china lake naval weapons center runway. Fighters were taking off at night on full afterburner what a show that they put on. The valve stems make it so easy to check and add air its crazy easy and no chance of malfunctions. Solid installation and a great guy. Once again highly recommend. I would like to report the handling is fantastic the coach has bilstien shocks and does not need any more handling aftermarket add ons, tracking is so easy, straight as an arrow, semis going by in the next lane piece of cake. Off to Death Valley for camping and to check out the performance on some 9% grades. The coach has a gasser 8.1L with the allison 1000 6 speed transmission. It pulled the grades up with the engine and down with the transmission just like the text books say very, little brake was needed. Death valley was beautiful hardly anyone there just how we like it. We stayed at stovepipe wells with no hookups the 300 watts of solar and 520 amp hours of batteries took good care of us plenty of juice on tap. The holding tanks were never a problem the capacities are just right. Leaving Death Valley we went through Mojave and encountered gusts of 20 to 30 MPH we slowed down and were hardly moved around by the wind I was so surprised. We went over to Pismo beach and stayed a few days I had full hookups this time and everything worked as it should. Oh yea what I have found wrong with the coach so far I did see a small chip when I got home (probably a road chip) when I gave her a bath thats it all the system work great the chassis worked great this is Lazy Daze reputation and quality construction put to a test. We are off to Alaska for 4 months leaving May 1st we will be work camping for the US Fish and Wildlife service at Tetlin wildlife refuge. We will be at Deadman lake campground come by and see us.

Craig and Lea
Crustacean Cruisers