Skip to main content
Topic: 2009 Four Winds Preview (Read 712 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2009 Four Winds Preview

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1409
The specs are really interesting. It almost seems like an admission that they were overloaded in the past. The Kodiak diesel specs for 2009 aren't available on the GM web sites yet so perhaps they have done a MH version on the 26k chassis.

The wheel base is 259 inches and length (without ladder) is 37 ft 5 inches so it has a reasonable wb/length ratio of over .57.

Don

ps. Having said it looks like an improvement, it is not for us as we were downsizing and moving to this would be upsizing. :)

On 15-Jul-08, at 10:57 PM, johnrkrzos wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 1410

I wonder if they are discontinuing the shorter models... I noticed the new ones are also 4 inches taller on the interior.

Denny

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1411

Correction...I was looking at the wrong spec page.... no change in interior height.

Denny

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 1412
I'm starting to wonder how long the Kodiak will be produced. GM and Navistar have gone totally silent on the sale of the MDT to Nav.

GM doesn't necessarily keep a profit maker (Allison is a good example). In fact, I've often wondered if GM is peeling off all of the successful segments and keeping just its losers.

As I reflect on what were the big three and think about Allison, Detroit Diesel, Freightliner, Sterling, and so on, I scratch my head and wonder about management and boards of directors. I more and more think that all they can think about is the size of the check they get.

Other than Navistar, I think all of the trucks (MDT and above) sold in North America come from entities HQ'd outside of North America.

Don

On 16-Jul-08, at 8:13 AM,