Skip to main content
Topic: Body Trim Parts (Read 633 times) previous topic - next topic

Body Trim Parts

Yahoo Message Number: 11375
My 2005 Gulfstream Endura was clipped on the back right corner by a semi. The incident damaged the trim around the bedroom slide, the bumper cover and the fiberglass trim piece on the back. Gulfstream says that these parts are no longer available. Does anybody know where these parts would be available.

As always thanks

Doug Brothers

Re: Body Trim Parts

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11377
Attachments :

Doug,
    I don't live to far from colaw rv in carthage Mo- if you would want me to look at some parts I may be able to help you out. I pass thru there about twice a month. Just send me a personal email.

Best,

Steve Phillips
    07 Gulf Stream Endura
    clcmo@...

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of daneg
    Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:39 AM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Body Trim Parts

Try colawrvsalvage.com

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 11944
    Hello,

Tried to view the photos unsuccessfully.

I also am searching for the piece that attaches the side with the back and the piece with the tail lights for an 07.

Did you locate any replacements?

What are the pieces made off?  It seems like a plastic instead of fiberglass?

Any ideas???

Thanks

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 11945
    No we did not find the parts. The shop repaired and fabricated some replacement parts. Actually did OK but it took all summer

Doug

Douglas Brothers

Donald Gryder  wrote:

Hello,

Tried to view the photos unsuccessfully.

I also am searching for the piece that attaches the side with the back and the piece with the tail lights for an 07.

Did you locate any replacements?

What are the pieces made off?  It seems like a plastic instead of fiberglass?

Any ideas???

Thanks

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 11948
    The trim pieces around the slide are metal.  The corner, transition piece from the back to the side is plastic but they were able to use fiberglass to repair it.  It basically had a hole in it.  Like wise with the bumper cover, the damage was limited to the corner piece and they again were able to repair with fiberglass.  You will see from the attached picture a gap from the bumper to the storage compartment door; again that was metal piece that I retrieved at the scene and they were able to straighten it and re-use it.
    The shop basically told me that Gulfstream essentially told them there are no parts available.  I questioned that but had no way of confirming or not.  Oh yeah the damage that you see was $9,900.00

I hope this is helpful

Doug Brothers