Skip to main content
Topic: Removing Couch from Endura (Read 476 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing Couch from Endura

Yahoo Message Number: 6501
What's the best way to remove the small 2 person couch from a Gulf Stream Endura? Take it apart?

Re: Removing Couch from Endura

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6502
By the time I got our couch out. It was in pieces. Put it out front for garbage pickup. It does come apart. But by the time I got it to a size that would fit through door opening it was destroyed.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6504
I'm hoping I don't have to go through that =)...I was wondering if removing the passeger seat and door from the cab would be an option as well?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6505
If you have a 6316, see if it will fit through the rear cargo door.

Charles

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6511
I wanted to share an update with the group...We were able to remove the back rest of the couch (its just wedged in there, no screws), removed the bed (6 screws),remove the passenger cab seat, and remove the couch through the passenger door...It barely fit, but it fit.

We were able to find a 2 person leather reclining loveseat that was 58 inches wide, which was the perfect size...Small enough to allow you to reach down and open the recliner (barely!). It's the type that does not need to be too far away from the wall. We looked at new, but I was able to find one on craigs list for 300...We definitely got luck there.

We were able to take apart the frame on the bottom of the new couch so that the couch split in 2 pieces - However, we then had to remove the passenger door to get the couch in...Not that big of deal really, 10 bolts and unhook the wiring. I'd recommend using 3 people, 2 to carry, and one to make sure the door does no rub against the cab.

Wyatt