Skip to main content
Topic: LOVE my JTB Power Solution! (Read 511 times) previous topic - next topic

LOVE my JTB Power Solution!

Yahoo Message Number: 15353
Ok, so I've had it over a year and have to say that it was the best purchase I've made for this RV! The JTB Power Solution (http://jtbmfg.com/) basically creates a separate 30 amp (or 20amp) breaker to your RV electric system that is plugged into one of the remaining sockets (30 or 20 amp) at the RV park or where ever you plug in. I used it to separate and isolate the second RV Air Conditioner, but it could be used for whatever you need...giving you 20-30 more amps.
The system was really easy to install. It took about 2 hours total, and that includes watching a detailed installation video numerous times (just to get it right). If you purchase the complete system, it comes with everything you need, including wires....it's worth it.
I was at Jekyll Island Campground two weeks ago (it was 100 degrees in the shade!). The rear A/C, which is plugged into the JTB System, stopped working. At the time, I thought it was because of the JTB (it ended up being the breaker switch), so I called JTB Manufacturing in Texas about an hour before they closed. I didn't reach a person so I left a "please help!" message, then went for a walk with the Mrs. Upon returning and checking my messages, I had missed 4 return calls from Terry Hurst (VP of JTB and the guy in all the JTB Videos). He advised that he was there for me no matter the time, and gave me a number to reach him after hours. I called him back about an hour after closing time, and he walked me through, step by step, until we figured out that it wasn't the JTB. Then he stayed on the line with me until we came up with a solution. Now, that's customer service!! I purchased a $100k RV from Jayco and can't get them to return an email, and this guy treates me like I'm family for a $500 item. This industry need more like him!
Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that this item exists, it's awesome, and the customer service was excellent. So, if you have a need for 20-30 more amps while plugged in, this it the perfect solution!
Happy travelling!
Jay Hitaffer
2008 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2000 Gulfstream Conquest

Re: LOVE my JTB Power Solution!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15356
We had a JTB installed in our RV and an additional air conditioner. It has been wonderful to have! It really made a difference in handling the electrical load in the rig. We purchased our from camping world and had them install it and the extra air conditioner. JTB is a great product.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15359
It's basically a separate breaker box that gives you the ability to add 30-20 amps to you system while you're at parks or home. For instance, we have a 50 amp system in our RV. When we stay at a park with a 50 amp supply, we plug into the 50 amp socket as usual, and plug the JTB Power Solution into the 30 amp socket...giving us 80 amps of power. Now, I have the JTB line going directly to my second Air conditioner only (which kind of wasted the added power, but it runs the A/C without any issues). I should add another power out let, or run it to another breaker (to my entertainment system or something)
Here's where the JTB is worth it's weight in gold. We don't have a 50amp or 30amp socket at home. With the JTB, you can step down to a 20amp/15amp (as you can with your main line) and plug your main into another separate 20amp socket, and voila! You have a 40amp system at home that can run both A/C units!
Happy Travelling!
Jay

Jay Hitaffer
www. WasabiJay.com
International and National
Touring and Recording Artist
Bass Guitar/Keyboards/Vocals

Saints of Rebellion Bassist
www. SaintsofRebellion.com
Geisha Down Bassist
www. GeishaDown.com
Wasabi Brothers Bassist
www. WasabiBrothersBand.com
Spector Bass Endorsement
www. SpectorBass.com
MarkBass Endorsement
www. MarkBass.It
Clayton Custom Picks
www. SteveClayton.com
Secksey Wear Custom Stage Wear
www. SeckseyWear.com
Cold Cock Whiskey Endorsement
www. ColdCockWhiskey.com

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15370
Ok, some of the info makes sense. If you have 50 A, you can use the "device" and an extra receptacle and get up to 80 Amps, "something I have never thought of nor needed." I have used 50 amp plugs, run both ac's and been just fine. I do understand the plug in for "only" a 30 amp service - thereby giving you the needed 50 amps, which would allow you to run extra stuff.
First - the few places I have had only 30 amp service, I have not needed the extra a/c.
Second - when plugged into a 50 amp plug, I run both a/c's, home fridge, and microwave, with zero problems.
Third - for some reason I just never run the water heater on 120V, I simply feel that propane is more efficient and prefer it over electric, just an opinion. I actually have never run the 120V function of the water heater.
I do turn off the propane when not using the coach since there "always" seems to be a bit of a bleed down.

My 2014 Thor Super C went to Mak Hiak in Houston for the "check engine" light - AGAIN... 4th time for the same issue. I should have it back by next week. My skylight in the shower, plastic, got broke and is now fixed. After adjusting the door of the freezer, it is working just fine and nice and cold. Heck, the ice maker seems to be working better. I depart for Reno area later this month, back mid September. Black Rock dry lake bed, 3 hours N or Reno, Nevada, where the days are 80-90 degrees and the nights can be 40 but the beer will be cold and it is an amazing place. 4K miles round trip. I currently have 19,500 on the coach.
Capt Jerry in Baytown, Texas