Yahoo Message Number: 1279
--- In KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com, "harperbill"  wrote:
I just had my LP gas recall completed by a Jayco dealer on my 07
Seneca 35 GS. I just looked at the fix and cannot see that anything
was done. The pictures on your site show a black pipe replacement
for my conduit and copper tubing. I still have the conduit and
cooper tubing. Is the black pipe the required fix or could there be
something that I am not seeing.
I posted the photos showing the black pipe fix on my Jayco 33DS. I think the reason for this method of repair is that I may have been the first to report the problem to Jayco factory service. If your look at the original photos of my LPG line you'll see that the pipes were pretty well mangled up.
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/view/2eaf?b=18&m=f&o=0
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/view/2eaf?b=17&m=f&o=0
I sent copies of those photos and others to Jayco and very soon after that I was contacted by Jayco factory service and advised to go immediately to my dealer to have it fixed (Note that this was long before the recall notice went out). I believe that in their concern to address my specific (and severe) problem it was decided to use the black pipe. Subsequently I suspect (and this is just an educated guess) that the engineering people came up with a less extensive and less costly fix which was then established as the official remedy for the formal recall.
I believe the fix finally called for in the recall notice would be nearly unnoticable. If you review the description in the recall notice, you'll see that the actual changes are appear minor but seem to reflect the notion that Jayco engineering has concluded that they will affect the necessary improvements in safely and reliability.
Bill