Skip to main content
Topic: Four Winds Chateau Kodiak w/duramax diesel (Read 593 times) previous topic - next topic

Four Winds Chateau Kodiak w/duramax diesel

Yahoo Message Number: 1714

Today I stopped at Naper RV, America's #1 dealer (as advertised) somewhere on I-70 in Ohio... can't remember where.

They had a couple Four Winds Chateau Kodiak 2008 model 35B's, so I checked them out. They had a CCC of 532# figured with 3 occupants (462#).

In contrast, they had a 2008 Four Winds model 5000 25 ft class C on the chevy chassis, and after allowing for 4 occupants (616#), the coach still had 1890# of CCC.

I wonder how many RV consumer's think they can load MORE into the Super C than into the smaller class C... looks like just the opposite...by three times. I hope a few RV shoppers are reading this, because I see on the Four Winds website, they are having a factory discount sale on all 2009 Kodiaks w/ the duramax diesel (19,500# chassis only). Of course, with such a low CCC, they shouldn't even be allowed to give them away. Imagine, that is about 125# of CCC per axle corner... my guess is that if the four corners were weighed, at least ONE corner already exceeds the maximum when the coach is empty!

Denny

Re: Four Winds Chateau Kodiak w/duramax diesel

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1724
I suppose it depends on the unit. Mine has a UVW of 15.4K, so even
with added accessories, it still has a lot of CCC. I have seen some
regular class C's with less then a couple of hundred pounds CCC.
I just wish these Coach Builders would stop trying to max out the
chassis. If they would of just build the smaller Super C's on the
5500 chassis, and left the larger ones to the International or
Freightliner chassis, we might not have so many issues.
Bill

Re: Four Winds Chateau Kodiak w/duramax diesel

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1726
Sorry, thought it was in my sig.
2005 Gulfstream Conquest Super C, model 6316DK. Been very happy with
it. From the factory, I thought it rode fine, better then other C's I
have driven. I added FSD's though, and it got even better. Would like
to raise the rear a little with some Super Springs.
Bill