Skip to main content
Topic: Van console (Read 517 times) previous topic - next topic

Van console

Yahoo Message Number: 4564
I got the console UPS and it is brand new in the box. Even encluded the ashtray which in my case is for loose change. Has anybody got some pics of their install to give me an idea where to start for the install. The angle out on the pass side of the dash looks as though it could infringe on the counter space. Pics would be nice and what was used to mount and secure the console.
Denny

Re: Van console

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4566
Thanks Ron. Mine is slightly different then the one that you show. I'm hoping that I can use it. I haven't taken it to the RV as yet to see how to fit it.
Denny

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, May 23, 2010 4:54:54 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Van console

Doug P posted these picture. Console pictures.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4567
Denny,

i got mine installed to-day, but the jury is still out.

pictures are in the photo section

don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4619
Started install of the new console today. Found that driver side console interfered with new center console. Took original mounting plate and drilled 3 new holes 2 1/4" forward of original holes. This allowed console to set back toward rear of MH. Had to cut out a section of the rubber floor mat for this install. This made a big difference in how center console sets. I am able to use the rear tray and do not have to move my CB and electric brake controller.
Console and mouting plate removed
Console mounting plate before drilling new holes
Console mounting plate after drilling holes
Both consoles in place after plate mod
It sure is dirty in this area. It was all covered with carpeting before starting the mod.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4620
I don't know why, but all the picture links go to the same photo. Thought I linked each one. You can use the viewer below picture to see all the pictures. Although they are not in correct order.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4621
I like the way you moved the console back. I have no plans to add a console over the dog house, but I like the idea of the extra room to access the driver's seat.