Topic: Wish me luck (Read 598 times) previous topic - next topic

Wish me luck

Yahoo Message Number: 8628
Headed to Wyoming as we speak for some large lake trout at Flaming Gorge

Re: Wish me luck

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8629
Have a safe trip!

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of daneg
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:25 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Wish me luck

Headed to Wyoming as we speak for some large lake trout at Flaming Gorge

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8630
Good luck. It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. How much propane do you go through when it gets cold. I seem to have to fill up quite often. I have seen some commments in the group about extra tanks. I think I am going to have get one or two for when it is cold.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8631
I will have to look up the Flaming Gorge area sounds like a great place, just a thought we purchased 2 electric heaters and run them to save propane and keep them going if we have an electric hook-up and or put them on with the propane while running the generator if dry camping.

Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 5:10 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Wish me luck

Good luck. It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. How much propane do you go through when it gets cold. I seem to have to fill up quite often. I have seen some commments in the group about extra tanks. I think I am going to have get one or two for when it is cold.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8632
I added heat strips to both AC units (had to change the thermo on the front one) and we also have several electric heaters. Survived the 17 degree weather in Denver last fall with no problem.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Schlieder
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Wish me luck

I will have to look up the Flaming Gorge area sounds like a great place, just a thought we purchased 2 electric heaters and run them to save propane and keep them going if we have an electric hook-up and or put them on with the propane while running the generator if dry camping.

To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8635
Dave, did YOU add the heat strips your self or have it done by the dealer. If you did them - much work?

Don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 8636
I did them myself. It is an easy switch but depending on what AC you have you may need to swap out the control box as well. Doing that is just swapping 110volt and the thermo control wiring. Also I had to run one additional wire from the thermostat which I was able to hide under the ceiling trim that is between panel.

Which AC unit is in your Winnie?

yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 7:13 PM

Dave, did YOU add the heat strips your self or have it done by the dealer. If you did them - much work?

Don

On 2012-03-09, at 10:31 AM, David Sparke wrote:

I added heat strips to both AC units (had to change the thermo on the front one) and we also have several electric heaters. Survived the 17 degree weather in Denver last fall with no problem.

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Schlieder

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 8637
Can't recall which one we have but I'll have a look in the next day or two. Thanks

Don

ps. Guess you can do it for me before we have dinner on the 15th. :)

pps. BTW, what does one heat strip cost (we only have one A/C).

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 8638
With the control box (if needed) about $150. with out the control box $59.

ps. Guess you can do it for me before we have dinner on the 15th. :) That could possibly be arranged..

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 8:37 PM

Can't recall which one we have but I'll have a look in the next day or two. Thanks

Don

On 2012-03-09, at 8:28 PM, David Sparke wrote:

I did them myself. It is an easy switch but depending on what AC you have you may need to swap out the control box as well. Doing that is just swapping 110volt and the thermo control wiring. Also I had to run one additional wire from the thermostat which I was able to hide under the ceiling trim that is between panel.

Don

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Schlieder

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 8639
Bev is looking at me and wondering why we'd need a heat strip. No question the MH will only be used from May to early Oct but it certainly can get chilly and the heat strip has to be easier than the ceramic heaters.

I was thinking that you could show me yours and explain the installation, which I'd photograph, and then I'd let my engineer son do it.

That way, we can spend more time at dinner. :)

Don

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 8640
Don, I would like the instructions also. I have a 08 Seneca. I checked on an electric furnace when I bought and without labor it was over 800.

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 22:37:11 -0500
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Bev is looking at me and wondering why we'd need a heat strip. No question the MH will only be used from May to early Oct but it certainly can get chilly and the heat strip has to be easier than the ceramic heaters.

I was thinking that you could show me yours and explain the installation, which I'd photograph, and then I'd let my engineer son do it.

Don

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 8641
The first "big question" is what brand is the AC. I know we can do it on the Coleman/Aircel whether ducted or non-ducted, not sure about the Duo-Therm or Domectic, if a ducted system. I've done the non-ducted Duo-Therm's but never looked at their ducted unit.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 10:37 PM

Don

On 2012-03-09, at 9:10 PM, David Sparke wrote:

With the control box (if needed) about $150. with out the control box $59.

ps. Guess you can do it for me before we have dinner on the 15th. :) That could possibly be arranged..

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 8:37 PM

Don

On 2012-03-09, at 8:28 PM, David Sparke wrote:

Don

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 8642
Lake Trout. When I was fishing the great lakes we called them BOOTS. Because it was like reeling in a boot. Rainbow and Salmon were the fighting fish.
Good luck anyways. Catch a big one.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 8645
Attachments :

Gang:

All that luck we poured into Dane seems to have worked.

I took the liberty of posting a couple of photo's to Dane's Album on the group web page.

Dane - hope you don't mind.

Try this link or go to the group if it does not work for you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/255070074/pic/1692351246/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
    Dane close up
    Come to Papa

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #16
    Yahoo Message Number: 8647
    Kevin (Real) McCoy wrote:

That's a by-God fish by any standard! I think at the next gathering Dane
    should provide all the lobster/fish/game etc and be the designated cook!

Take care,
    Greg

Reply #17
    Yahoo Message Number: 8648
    Nice fish. That's what I call a bull rhino. Bet it was a good fighter!

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:55 AM
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Wish me luck

Kevin (Real) McCoy wrote:

That's a by-God fish by any standard! I think at the next gathering Dane
    should provide all the lobster/fish/game etc and be the designated cook!

Take care,
    Greg

Reply #18
    Yahoo Message Number: 8649
    Just let me know. Caught 2 35s and 1 26 fishing in 100' water. Great fighters lost lots of bigger ones. Anyway beat my son. Ha