Skip to main content
Topic: Winteriing Mode (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Winteriing Mode

Yahoo Message Number: 10350
I am new to the group and appreaciate the information and helpful discussion. I am also a new traveler. I have a 2005 5500 Kodiak Duramax/Allision GulfStream Endura 6340 model.

My home base is southwest Ohio. My wife is having some knee surgery so we are in for the winter.

Obiously I have winterized the unit but was wondering if I should plug in for the winter. The unit is stored in an unheated barn and I have access to a 15 amp circut.

Again thanks for the information and to all belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Doug

Re: Winteriing Mode

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10351
I have same model. I would keep it plugged in. If you do not have charge wizard. I would get one. It's a Option for the converter. Also add a battery maintainer to chassis batteries.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Winteriing Mode

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10352
Either plug in or pull the batteries and store them in a warmer place.

For the CAB Batteries - I will send you direct my Battery Minder install experience. The battery minder is AWESOME. Its an old post, and don't want to flood folks in basket. Plus my cab batteries are on their second wind and doing great.

I did a permanent install, and you can do a lot of stuff more simply, including running a temp extension cord, or evensome folks also do this with DC.

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)