Skip to main content
Topic: New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

Yahoo Message Number: 6329
She was purchased, but never used and we pick her up this week.

We've moved from a tent, to a pop-up, to an older/used 21' Tioga Montara (testing out the MH experience), to a 2008 24' Itasca Navion H (Class C) and now to the Seneca Super C (hubby finally gets his bedroom in the back) all within the last 9 years. Wheh!

For those of you who have experience with a 2010 Seneca &/or Kodiak, I'm curious of your experiences - both good and not so good. Just be gentle - it was like buying a house (and even cost more than our first home).

Thanks for any feedback or ideas!

Holly
Evergreen, CO
2010 Seneca 36 FK

Re: New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6330
Congratulations! You'll love it. We went from a '79 Winnbago Chieftan with a 440 gas ( took a long break) and then jumped back in with a used '05 Endura diesel. Would have loved a newer Seneca, but it would have been a much bigger check and I couldn't find a bigger check in the house.

The forum has been a big help in many ways, but one of the biggest is things to have on hand that are fairly specific to the Kodiak. I now have on board a fuel filter and tools, slide spray, scan tool on my wish list, etc. Spend some time in the picture/file section.

Enjoy!
Greg
MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of hrp0821
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:16 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

We've moved from a tent, to a pop-up, to an older/used 21' Tioga Montara (testing out the MH experience), to a 2008 24' Itasca Navion H (Class C) and now to the Seneca Super C (hubby finally gets his bedroom in the back) all within the last 9 years. Wheh!

For those of you who have experience with a 2010 Seneca &/or Kodiak, I'm curious of your experiences - both good and not so good. Just be gentle - it was like buying a house (and even cost more than our first home).

Holly
Evergreen, CO
2010 Seneca 36 FK

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6331
Well, we had to sell a couple of things to get this, but it's the right trade (we have enough experience with unit types to know) =).

Thanks for the tips!

- Holly

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6332
welcome,

i see your in Colorado, we bought and picked up our 2010 36fk in Colorado at the end of may last year and i think theres a good chance we bought from the same franchise.

still working some of the bugs out that comes with the purchase but thats almost expected.

don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6333
as Greg said you may want to look into the files section,i've put a few items there that pertain to our 36FK.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/files/Jayco%20Seneca/2010%20Jayco%20Seneca%2036FK%20/

don

ps: you must have gotten a better deal than us as we paid better than five times what we paid for our first house. :)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6334
Welcome to the forum.
Lots of Kodiak and Jayco information on this forum. Feel free to ask questions.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6338
Congratulations and you are off to a great start with your new Seneca.

I would have just one word for all new RV purchases, (Patience). I have a 2008 Seneca 36MS and for the first 6-8 months minor problems did occur. Jayco was fantastic with all warranty work, plus Vinh Le is a great representative for Jayco. There is going to be small challenges with your RV, its inevitable, but when the warranty work is completed your love grows stronger for your new investment and your investment is now in showroom condition and ready for the road. This is a great forum and information is very rapid when needeing an answer to your question. Make sure you have someone local in your area that is reliable, has a great reputation and an authorized Jayco service tech and you will be just fine.

I'll give you credit, I did not find this forum until after I have had my RV for over a year. Don't be shy, if you have questions pull the trigger and email and you will be surprised how soon you will get answers to your questions. Congrats again and keep us up to date with your ventures.

Tim

Sent: Tue, February 1, 2011 6:17:56 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

Welcome to the forum.
Lots of Kodiak and Jayco information on this forum. Feel free to ask questions.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 6339
Thanks, Tim! We found the Yahoo forums related to our prior rig and found them helpful, too.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6340
Hello Fellow Coloradoans (Holly)!
We've had a similar experience in that we went from a 1990 travel trailer (35 ft. long just for the fun of getting used to it), then a 2002 Eagle travel trailer, then our 2007 Fourwinds Chateau with a Kodiak 5500 (we ordered it brand new from the factory sight unseen after researching them). We really wanted the diesel for the power when going over our mountains, and the luxury of not having to exit the coach when setting up in the rain.

This forum has been most helpful for us. Also, we have found more help with challenges online rather than depending on the factory or warranty. We have a huge 3-ring binder now with information on any possible issue and we know our coach inside and out. As with Greg, we carry a huge tray full of necessities (I equate it to something a racer would have on hand) just in case. We also have fuel filter (after $1000 tow bill--it's a long story), tools, a scan tool and other items. It's tough to think about what you might need until you need it. So far, we have traveled to 46 of the 50 States and have about 40,000 miles on her. I would suggest, read, read, read this website and if possible, keep a laptop with you so that you can access the info if you need it on the road. Best of luck and enjoy your new purchase!!!

Cindi and Chris
Littleton, CO

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:30 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

Congratulations! You'll love it. We went from a '79 Winnbago Chieftan with a 440 gas ( took a long break) and then jumped back in with a used '05 Endura diesel. Would have loved a newer Seneca, but it would have been a much bigger check and I couldn't find a bigger check in the house.

The forum has been a big help in many ways, but one of the biggest is things to have on hand that are fairly specific to the Kodiak. I now have on board a fuel filter and tools, slide spray, scan tool on my wish list, etc. Spend some time in the picture/file section.

Enjoy!
Greg
MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of hrp0821
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:16 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] New Owners - 2010 Seneca 36 FK

Holly
Evergreen, CO
2010 Seneca 36 FK