Skip to main content
Topic: 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades (Read 583 times) previous topic - next topic

2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades

Yahoo Message Number: 9519
HI My Name Is Gary and we just bought a 2007 jayco seneca 34ss Our first trip was from Ohio to Rockingham North Carliona. Man what a surprize traveling The West Virgina turn pike in this thing,( traded up from a 2001 31Ft class c Ford ) I have cought bits & peices about suspension & spring upgrades so any info will be greatly help. PS from the first time i seen this motorhome i noticed i sagged in the rear. Thanks Gary

Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9520
The first thing to check is the tire pressure. I have an 08 35GS and after weighing it and using Michelin's inflation chart I lowered the pressure to what the chart called for and it made a major difference.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:41 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades

HI My Name Is Gary and we just bought a 2007 jayco seneca 34ss Our first trip was from Ohio to Rockingham North Carliona. Man what a surprize traveling The West Virgina turn pike in this thing,( traded up from a 2001 31Ft class c Ford ) I have cought bits & peices about suspension & spring upgrades so any info will be greatly help. PS from the first time i seen this motorhome i noticed i sagged in the rear. Thanks Gary

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9525
Im sure that would help the ride but not the sway or the sag in the rear springs

gary benson

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:52 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades

The first thing to check is the tire pressure. I have an 08 35GS and after weighing it and using Michelin's inflation chart I lowered the pressure to what the chart called for and it made a major difference.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9526
Gary,

your 2007 seneca is built on a 2006 chassis.

on a 2006 you will have the 15,000lb. leaf springs unless udgrades were made by jayco (some got it done free even after the warranty period).

looking at the springs all 3 leafs will look the same thickness on the 15,000 lbs

they later went to 19,000 lb and then in 2010 they even added hellwig helpers to the 19,000

if you look in the photo section i put up a picture of the springs on the 2010 seneca we owned. you can see there the different thicknes of the leafs along with the helper.

don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9527
I know some members added an extra leaf or air bags. There were some chassis that only had 15,000 lb rear springs. Hopefully one of them will "chime" in soon.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gary benson
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS Suspension upgrades

Im sure that would help the ride but not the sway or the sag in the rear springs

gary benson

To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9529
Don, my 2007 Jayco Kodiak Greyhawk was on a 2007 chassis. The 2007 announcement by GM included the fact that they went to the six speed transmission as well as of 2007. We had the 6.

Early Greyhawk gassers were on the 2006 and had the 5 speed. I think early 2007 Senecas were on the 2006 as if my memory is working.

I think Gary should look at the codes on the visor and also look at the chassis build year to establish what he has and which options are on his specific unit.

MTR means you have the 6 speed close ratio Allison.

GQ0 indicates 15,000 lb tapered leaf springs

GN2 indicates 19,000 lb tapered leaf springs.

The 2007 order forms are in the files section and you can see all the codes.

Don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9530
Don,

my first seneca was a 2007 seneca 33ss, with a build date 4/18/06 and it did have the 15000 lb along with the 5 speed.

that brings up another mention for Gary if he hasn't already done so is to go over to http://www.dieselplace.com/ andask for a build sheet for his particular chassis.

don

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9531
Yes a build sheet for sure Don. I got them for our Kodiak and our toad (2007 Tahoe LTZ) and they were very helpful.

Gary, if you want to see what they are before you sign up and request one let me know and I'll send you mine. It is 242k in size.

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9532
The sway is because the shitty stock shocks are made for a 1/2 full delivery truck AND have only compression damping AND have really crummy valving.

Changing to Koni shocks will make a world of difference - do the FIRST and see your gains before you chase yourself into an expensive circle of problems.

I wonder if your previous owner pulled too large of a trailer with a huge tongue weight?

My rear end does not even sag with full water and my 24' box trailer attached.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 5:42 PM

gary benson

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9533
I will look at the shocks and see if i can tell if there stock. That would be a good place too start though. THANKS

gary benson

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 11:09 PM

The sway is because the shitty stock shocks are made for a 1/2 full delivery truck AND have only compression damping AND have really crummy valving.

Changing to Koni shocks will make a world of difference - do the FIRST and see your gains before you chase yourself into an expensive circle of problems.

I wonder if your previous owner pulled too large of a trailer with a huge tongue weight?

My rear end does not even sag with full water and my 24' box trailer attached.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 5:42 PM

gary benson

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 9534
I wiil look at that decal and check the numbers. THANKS

gary benson

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 10:24 PM

Yes a build sheet for sure Don. I got them for our Kodiak and our toad (2007 Tahoe LTZ) and they were very helpful.

Gary, if you want to see what they are before you sign up and request one let me know and I'll send you mine. It is 242k in size.

Don