Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Seneca roof (Read 592 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 Seneca roof

Yahoo Message Number: 3248
What type of roof does my 2006 Seneca have. Is it TPO or fiberglass?
The Jayco website shows that they use fiberglass roofs but someone told me that my roof is TPO. What is the best product to clean the roof prior to applying Eternabod to my front cap seam where I am experiencing a leak?

Re: 2006 Seneca roof

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3249
I'm sure it's TPO and fiberglass caps. Eternabond says just have the area clean and dry, no grease or dirt or silicone caulking it can't hold to silicone. Just take your time and should do fine. I'm very challanged at repair and didn't do too bad of a job on mine. I used the 4" wide 50' roll.

scottmbt wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3250
Yours may be TPO but on my 2008 it is fiberglass
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 04:36:49 -0000
To:
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 Seneca roof

What type of roof does my 2006 Seneca have. Is it TPO or fiberglass?
 The Jayco website shows that they use fiberglass roofs but someone told me that my roof is TPO. What is the best product to clean the roof prior to applying Eternabod to my front cap seam where I am experiencing a leak?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3251
A quick check of Jayco's Archvied info on previous models shows all Seneca's have a fiberglass roof.
-

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3252
When cleaning my fiberglass roof I use Murphy's oil soap or Simple Green and a scrub brush. The only place I have used Eternabond is around my vents. Check Dicor caulk every 6 months and put down fresh Dicor lap sealant over any cracks. I see others have put Protect-All on the roof after cleaning. I have not done that or any other sealant.