Skip to main content
Topic: Super Steer Rear Trac Bar for Kodiak/Jayco For Sale... (Read 1111 times) previous topic - next topic

Super Steer Rear Trac Bar for Kodiak/Jayco For Sale...

Yahoo Message Number: 14071
Hi Group,

I have a new in the box Super Steer Rear Trac Bar for sale. The part number is SS500 which fits the Kodiak C4500 - C5500 14500-lbs chassis Jayco.

I have it listed on Evil-bay for $425.00 + $25.00 shipping, but I would sell it to a member here for an even $400.00 shipped.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Super Steer Rear Trac Bar for Kodiak/Jayco For Sale...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14072
I would be interested. I will make sure it would work on my 2005 chassis. And let you know.

Thanks
TJ Kennedy

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14073
I'm also interested. If TJ passes I'll take it. Please call or text me when you decide to sell it (330 540-32 zero one). I have 2005 endura. 6316 that desperately needs it. I'm In Ohio. Where are u located? Also, if you don't mind, can I ask why your selling it?

Thanks,
Chuck

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14074
I'm selling it because I bought the wrong one. I have an Endura 6340 that has a 19500 chassis and this doesn't work on those.

Greg

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:32 PM, "chuck.freeze@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14075
Thanks. Looks like I better check my chassis and get back to you. Is there an easy way to see which chassis I have?

Chuck

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14076
Sorry for all the questions and confusion. The manufacturers don't make this easy. Ok as near as I can tell I have the 19,500 gvwr. 26,000 gcwr. On my 2005 endura 6316. On hendersonslineup page it lists the ss500 for sale with no gvwr rating on it. The ss519 is listed for the 26,000 gvwr. So I assume that the ss500 fits the 19,500 gvwr chassis, but now I'm confused because I think I have the same chassis as you? Also, in your first post it says 14,500. Is that just a typo?

Sorry to bug you. I'm shopping now for all these parts for my RV. So this will help both of us. I will buy it if it fits my RV. I'm just all confused now.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14078
no problem

yes it sounds like you have the 19500 chassis and so this will not work for you either.

thanks, greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 14080
Greg,
Thank you for your reply and your patience. I called hendersonslineup today and asked them about the rear trac bar ss500. They said that is the correct part for the 19,500 gvwr chassis which mine is. He said it would fit my RV. The ss519 fits the 26,000 gvwr chassis. So are you sure that it won't fit your RV? I think this is the correct part for your RV. I would hate to see you purchase the part twice. Why do you say it doesn't fit? I have the 13k rear axle gl8 rpo option. After you check on it, and you still want to sell it, I will purchase the trac bar. You can call me if you would like to discuss fitment or for payment and shipping details. Chuck (330) 540-32zero one
Thanks

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 14082
Should that be 22,000 lb GVWR and 26,000 lb GCWR? I don't recall seeing a 26,000 lb GVWR chassis being used for MH's.

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 14083
Don, thank you for helping me figure this out. On hendersonslineup is shows the ss519 for the 26,000 gvw. So I'm not sure what the ss519 fits? I specially asked about gcwr of 26,000 vs the 19,500 gvwr for my RV. He said to use the gvwr, which I figured, but I wanted to clarify. There is no gvwr for the ss500 listed on the hendersonslineup parts page. The parts guy I called today, said the ss500 is for my RV, the 19,500 chassis. I looked up my rpo and i have a gl8 rear axle. 13k. I clarified that with him also and he said yes the ss500 is for my RV. My brochure has me at a 19.5 gvwr. (2005 endura 6316, the short one, single slide). Greg the seller has a 6340 endura, which is a very close unit to mine with the same chassis. I don't know his year. So I think the ss500 will fit his RV.
Does anyone remember what trac bar they put on Thier unit and what to look for? This may help us out.

Thanks, chuck

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 14084
Henderson ' s website shows the 519 for the 4500/5500 and 550 for the 4500 alone.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 14086
I see where you see that in the blue title, but in the paragraph in the details tab, it says ".., can fit either the 4500 or 5500 kodiak chassis". I clarified a lot of this with the rep on the phone. He say ss500 for my RV. So I dunno. Thier web page could use time clarity:)

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 14089
Well Chuck I appreciate your patience and I hope I have not wasted too much of your time. I found that the ss500 does fit my RV chassis and let me tell you what happened. I bought this ss500 trac bar from a guy that bought it for his RV but sold the RV before he installed it. When I received the package I pulled out the diff bracket to verify that it would fit and none of the holes lined up. So I figured I must have bought the wrong part number and then add on the confusion of the 19000gvw and the 26000gcwr and I just knew I had screwed up. So tonight I went ahead and pulled everything out of the box to take some pictures to send to you and low and behold there was a 2nd diff bracket at the bottom of the box! I crawled under the RV and confirmed that it fits. So the good news is that the ss500 should fit your RV while the bad news is I got your hopes up and wasted your time. For that I apologize.

Greg

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 14090
I'm Not sure if this is going to be a duplicet message.

No problem, I'm glad we figured it out before you sold it. I'm also glad to know what I need to order. In going to order my parts in a couple of weeks. It's all snowy here in Ohio anyways. I was just get a jump on my spring project. I'm glad it fits your RV. Please let me know if it helps with the sway and wander.

Chuck

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 14092
I sure will Chuck!
Check around on Evil-bay, as I just picked up a new super-steer steering stabilizer shock for $150 less the Henderson's list price and ordered the correct brackets from Henderson's. I will most likely install both the devices at the same time, but I will report back.

Greg