Skip to main content
Topic: Norcold Refrigerator Door Failure (Read 544 times) previous topic - next topic

Norcold Refrigerator Door Failure

Yahoo Message Number: 4325
Well mine busted this weekend. Thetford / Norcold service centers have told be they won't waste their time with the warranty work, told me they would only order me a new door ( and would have to pay for it) - it was too much of a pain in the ass for them to deal with Norcold on warranty work and to take my coach back to the dealer where I purchased it.

Re: Norcold Refrigerator Door Failure

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4326
Have any of the RV mags picked up on this issue yet? Anyone know?

Victor, where were you at the time and how did you handle things if you had food in the fridge? Were you able to use duct tape to keep it on?

Thetford/Norcold is going to get a terrible reputation out of this and buyers will want to avoid MHs with their products. It is certainly making me think.

Don

Re: Norcold Refrigerator Door Failure

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4342
It was noticed while out in an RV park. The door stayed in place and did not fall on anyone's toes. I took all the heavy stuff off of it and was able to use the door (gently) until I got home. I was not worried about the door falling off on the way home. I did not tape / bungy cord etc.

My coach has not been on any harsh roads either.

My other thoughts on this failure: How many have left the door cracked open and drove the coach having it swing open? OR maybe the guys that 'valet' your coach at storage maybe?

I willl report back on the exact way the door is delivered when it arrives.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 9:46:47 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Norcold Refrigerator Door Failure

Have any of the RV mags picked up on this issue yet? Anyone know?

Victor, where were you at the time and how did you handle things if you had food in the fridge? Were you able to use duct tape to keep it on?

Thetford/Norcold is going to get a terrible reputation out of this and buyers will want to avoid MHs with their products. It is certainly making me think.

Don

Norcold door failure.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4344
I should have added earlier, mine was the first failure seen by my dealer (according to the service desk manager) and he is a "high volume" dealer for Jayco which uses Norcold exclusively.

Dave Sparke