Skip to main content
Topic: Leveling Jack advice, Please. (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

Leveling Jack advice, Please.

Yahoo Message Number: 14393
We bought a used 2008 Jayco Seneca 36fs in February. We didn't test the Powergear Leveling Jacks and of course they didn't work when we got the chance to try them. I turns out that the pump is locked up. Camping World wants $550 for the pump and $500 to put it in (go figure). While I was looking for the pump, a different dealer sent me a system from Quadra Manufacturing for $900 that is a full automatic leveling system with new everything. So, would you replace your system with a new one or keep the old one and fix the pump?
My feeling is that I want to remove everything with a Powergear Logo on it, for all the Powergear stuff in my MH is going bad (both slide out motors too) and going to cost thousands to replace...if I continue using their junk. My other fear about this leveling jack system is that Powergear told me that the sytem I have is obsolete. So, eventually...soon- I'm going to have to replace the brain and the touchpad. So, what do you guys think? I wish Jayco had choosen a different company, but at this point I don't have to make the same mistake!
Does anybody know if I can get the pump rebuilt? If so, what kind of shop does that work?
Thank you,
Jay