Skip to main content
Topic: Dinette removal in "06 Kodiak Gulfstream Endura (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

Dinette removal in "06 Kodiak Gulfstream Endura

Yahoo Message Number: 14397
Anyone here have your dinette removed and replaced with cabinet, table and two chairs?
I went to a few places and they wanted $6500 or better for the change-over. I think it can be done cheaper with a little help from my friends. Please comment.
Tom e
Gulfstream Kodiak 34' '06 Endura - bought in Dec '14

Re: Dinette removal in "06 Kodiak Gulfstream Endura

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14398
We have been thinking about removing the dinette on our 6340 Endura and replacing it with another sleeper sofa. I think the extra sleeping area and an additional couch to relax on while driving would be a plus for us. Basically our slide out is 138", and therefore, two 68" sleeper sofas would fit. I would also fabricate a seat belt mount that would add two more seating positions on the extra sleeper sofa. I'm not sure why that would cost $6500, unless you are wanting a lot of custom cabinetry.

Greg

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:36 PM, "tom_edelman@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14399
Greg,
I don't want custom but I want a decent job done. I'm thinking the Mennonites from our area might be willing to craft something for us. We are from the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY. We really want this done so we can enjoy our 6 month winter travels better.
Tom E

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:48 PM, "Greg Brown thechemist_98@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14400
I pulled the booth out a few years ago. Replaced with a table chairs and credenza. Here is a picture of the install. Table is in it's retracted position. It moves out 12" from where it is located. Plus there is a 12" leaf that pulls out. We also got rid of the couch. Installed a recliner and desk in it's place.
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/ronjhall/media/GS%202004%20Endura%206340/PICT0005-2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=36
You can also find some pictures in my album here on this forum.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14401
On our RV, 06 endura 6316, the dinette was already removed. The previous owner boxed in the wires along the bottom of the slide, then carpeted the box. The previous owner then bought a kitchen set of table and 4 chairs. They bought a round table that has the table top folds down nice for traveling. When parked, we move it from the wall and set it up to how ever many people we have with us. I'm not entirely sold on the whole thing. When we go camping with all the kids it sure is nice to eat at, but we lose a bed at night. It travels very well. Very little movement. It's not a place for someone to ride in, and God forbid if we ever got into a bad crash, it would be a giant missile shooting at me. :) I'll try and post some pics if I can figure it out.

Btw. Not to hijack your thread. I am interested in your dinette if you choose to sell it after removal.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14402
We have an 08 Gulfstream Independence 6319 which had a sleeper sofa and horseshoe dinette when we bought it. We removed the sofa and dinette and put in 2 recliners and a small rectangular table with 3 chairs. Our coach has the full wall slide on the drivers side and that is where the dinette was and the recliners are now. The sleeper/jacknife sofa was along the curb side wall between the entry door and the passenger seat. The table and chairs are in that spot now and we retain them when traveling with a push button release strap that hooks to the old seat belt attachments on the wall. We carry several folding chairs and a leaf for the table to accomodate extra guests for meals. The only down side is we can only sleep 3 unless someone wants to sleep in the recliners but we usually only have 3 people when we use the coach.

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:36 PM, "tom_edelman@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: